2022 WRX oil filter recommendations

So, I just bought HPL passenger plus oil (0w-20) for my car. I'm curious what a high quality oil filter would be to go with it aside from the OEM. I've seen the K&N 1004 for my car which had pretty good reviews but I wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions. Whatever the highest quality is, I want to get that.

Depends if you are picky about the bypass pressure spec or not. If so, either the blue OE filters or a Napa 7055 are the best options. If not, a Fram Ultra probably.

I'm sure the group will have lot's of opinions on high end filters, but why not OEM...? This is the filter designed for your vehicle. If I can't get OEM I use Motorcraft because I think they are reasonably priced for the quality they provide especially at WM or F&F.

just my $0.02

Its the same reason you put aftermarket parts on your car in general. They generally perform better than oem

I’d stick with the OEM oil filter. They seem to be well made. That’s what I did with my WRX. And on the oil, the 19 WRX calls out 5w-30.

I bought the best oil I could. I was just wondering if there's also a filter comparable or better at filtration than the OEM

I bought the best oil I could. I was just wondering if there's also a filter comparable or better at filtration than the OEM
The two I mentioned*.

*technically the new Ultra is just as efficient, but they dropped the fully synthetic media, which I consider a downgrade.

Unless the oil filter fails catastrophically during your ownership of the car the oil filter choice will not be why you trade off the car in the future.

So, I just bought HPL passenger plus oil (0w-20) for my car. I'm curious what a high quality oil filter would be to go with it aside from the OEM. I've seen the K&N 1004 for my car which had pretty good reviews but I wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions. Whatever the highest quality is, I want to get that.
Yeah, lots of aftermarket filters at 99% @ 20u available that will have better filtration than OEM. Looks like @OVERKILL already mentioned a few.

Back