2022 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Leaked Images Show Imposing New Look

too bad gasoline prices are soaring up, nice truck tho
I don't know if those who are budgeting a nearly $80,000 truck care. I know there are those on BITOG who think many who buy trucks just eek by on the payment-but that's (mostly) not the case.

From the article:

“three amber marker lights are on the rear, too, suggesting that this truck could be more than 80 inches wide.”

I have no idea about amber markers and the relation to a width of a vehicle. If it is indeed over 80 inches wide then that should make for some interesting maneuvering on narrower streets and parking.
The Titan XD was a fail with it's longer/wider specs.............

Looks pretty good to me. The TRD Pro versions, like this and the red one pictured earlier, have the more aggressive look and no chrome trim. I tend to like the chrome bumpers and grille, which will probably be on the regular versions (SR5, Limited, Platinum).

The official image from Toyota:

2022 Tundra.jpg

i have a big old ugly snugtop high rise on the back of my 2500hd, so i ain’t busting anybody’s chops about how ugly their truck is!

Attachments

• 33EB115B-E5B2-4882-A1B7-EBD390E33A44.jpeg
    33EB115B-E5B2-4882-A1B7-EBD390E33A44.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 21
I don't know if those who are budgeting a nearly $80,000 truck care. I know there are those on BITOG who think many who buy trucks just eek by on the payment-but that's (mostly) not the case.
I average 10k miles per year in my 2020 Tundra...gas prices are of little consequence to me but sure we are on a website where people think a major score is choosing an oil that saves them $2.50 twice per year on a jug of oil.

Reactions: CKN
I don't really care about the looks - they're all ugly IMO. I do care about the engine/trans/etc. Since I won't be in the market for a new truck for at least 7 or 8 years that gives me plenty of time to vet this monster.

I was never cheap about buying any vehicle. Like a good deal but if I need expensive equipment i buy it because it makes me money.
However gas i hate paying for.
The more money I make the cheaper I get about buying gas.
Maintenance I don't cheap out on either.

Need several trucks? I buy them.
I'm sure I'm not alone in my gas thriftiness. Just like EV. Buyers will pay double to avoid the gas station.

We as humans can be weird ducks.
I also don't like doing errands at 14 mpg when I can use a hybrid instead. I'm not a fan of waste. That includes early dumping of good oil.

I will not drive many miles out of my way to save 5 cents a gallon. That is just dumb.

I am wondering is this mega uber truck also going to have latest gem from indestructible Toyota that brake booster vacuum pump has to be changed every 120k? Nothing says regular maintenance like changing brake booster.

i have a big old ugly snugtop high rise on the back of my 2500hd, so i ain’t busting anybody’s chops about how ugly their truck is!

man I think yours looks good. The tall shell can help alot depending on the cargo. In hindsight I wish I’d gotten the tall one for mine. can just barely eek the ztr into the bed with the camper shell on, but it would be much, much easier with the taller shell.

and I constantly carry a canopy and 4-8 lawn chairs and a small table in my bed for weekly outdoor gatherings, so the shell is super-handy.

(cough) plus it’s handy for quarterly trips to Home Depot for plywood and mulch… LOL someday we would like to actually upgrade our yard to where it used mulch!! But we do go through a lot of plywood!

Looks pretty good to me. The TRD Pro versions, like this and the red one pictured earlier, have the more aggressive look and no chrome trim. I tend to like the chrome bumpers and grille, which will probably be on the regular versions (SR5, Limited, Platinum).

The official image from Toyota:

View attachment 60799
Aside from the front, I think it looks really good. It's like they used off highway mining dump trucks as the inspiration for the front of the TRD Pro though.
1624118133523.png

man I think yours looks good. The tall shell can help alot depending on the cargo. In hindsight I wish I’d gotten the tall one for mine. can just barely eek the ztr into the bed with the camper shell on, but it would be much, much easier with the taller shell.

and I constantly carry a canopy and 4-8 lawn chairs and a small table in my bed for weekly outdoor gatherings, so the shell is super-handy.

(cough) plus it’s handy for quarterly trips to Home Depot for plywood and mulch… LOL someday we would like to actually upgrade our yard to where it used mulch!! But we do go through a lot of plywood!

i love my truck. dirt cheap, 35k brand new. heavy duty trans, rear axle, 4.10 gear, e-rated tires, engine oil and trans cooler, over 9” of ground clearance, no AFM. it goes everywhere. i had a rubicon and honestly i take this thing anywhere i would have taken the rubicon. if my truck won’t get there, it’s either walking or a dirt bike, a high-end off-road special edition truck or SUV isn’t going to make a difference.

but people buy these TRD and raptor type rigs as much for the bling factor as anything, they prolly ain’t slapping a snugtop on the back!

Back