2022 Subaru Crosstrek 3000 miles Schaeffer 0W-20 and Amsoil Oil Filter

I'm not worried about the silicone but the flagging of titanium seems a bit odd. Isn't that an oil additive? I think I'll stay with 3000mi OCIs vs the factory recommended 6000. I would hate to see the fuel dilution at 6000mi. Oil is cheap in the grand scheme of things. Once my case of Schaeffer 0W-20 is exhausted, I'll be switching to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-20.
3F057800-1A36-4F5A-8CE0-44628B16BE2F.jpeg

Attachments

• 592D96FA-6DEF-4727-A462-7BC814A99962.jpeg
    592D96FA-6DEF-4727-A462-7BC814A99962.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 77
I'm not worried about the silicone but the flagging of titanium seems a bit odd. Isn't that an oil additive? I think I'll stay with 3000mi OCIs vs the factory recommended 6000. I would hate to see the fuel dilution at 6000mi. Oil is cheap in the grand scheme of things. Once my case of Schaeffer 0W-20 is exhausted, I'll be switching to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-20.
View attachment 126298
You'll like the PUP 0-20. I like it in my Camry.

The ad pack doesnt add up, seriously doubt that Johnny is scamming you.please pm me when you get the next sample
What specifically with the ad pack does not add up? I've got a bunch of Schaeffer 0W-20 oil analysis reports for my old 2014 Mazda 3 so I want to check those out and compare to this one. I've been using Schaeffer oil for years. Many different products.

I was joking. I'm wondering if Schaeffer screwed up in the manufacturing then? We shall see with this next sample.
What specifically with the ad pack does not add up? I've got a bunch of Schaeffer 0W-20 oil analysis reports for my old 2014 Mazda 3 so I want to check those out and compare to this one. I've been using Schaeffer oil for years. Many different products.
I’m so used to looking at Schaeffers Diesel engine oil uoas. The add pack is different than passenger car oil. i jumped the gun.

I’m so used to looking at Schaeffers Diesel engine oil uoas. The add pack is different than passenger car oil. i jumped the gun.
I've been running the Durability Advantage 15w-40 in my heavily modified Dodge diesel truck for years. Great oil and outstanding oil analysis results.👍

Just got my latest oil change analysis back. Things are looking good.😎 Titanium must be part of the ad pack from Schaeffer now? I haven't seen titanium in the past in the 0W-20 oil like this.

Attachments

• DF1F9026-DD76-46F1-BD60-AAF7539EC4F8.jpeg
    DF1F9026-DD76-46F1-BD60-AAF7539EC4F8.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 34
See my latest oil analysis report I just posted on here. So Schaeffer is putting this much titanium in the 0W-20 ad pack? Is this a new thing? Oil looks like it's doing a great job!😎👍 I've never seen titanium at levels like this in Schaeffer 0W-20 so that's why I'm asking.

Titanium? Interesting never seen that Schaeffer oil.
Seems like a recent thing. My old 2014 Mazda 3 with Schaeffer 0W-20 didn't have it. When I dumped the factory fill Idemitsu 0W-20 there was no titanium so I'm thinking it's gotta be something changed in the ad pack? New formulation?🤷‍♂️

Seems like a recent thing. My old 2014 Mazda 3 with Schaeffer 0W-20 didn't have it. When I dumped the factory fill Idemitsu 0W-20 there was no titanium so I'm thinking it's gotta be something changed in the ad pack? New formulation?🤷‍♂️

I'm guessing new formula. I've used them for years, never seen it until now.

Yes that would be interesting.
I heard back from my Schaeffer sales rep and he claims no titanium in the ad pack.😳 Did not hear back from Schaeffer HQ yet though. Very strange that titanium would go from 0 on factory fill to 20-30ppm as soon as I switched to Schaeffer...🤷‍♂️ Coincidence? Not sure on that one.🤦🤔

I heard back from my Schaeffer sales rep and he claims no titanium in the ad pack.😳 Did not hear back from Schaeffer HQ yet though. Very strange that titanium would go from 0 on factory fill to 20-30ppm as soon as I switched to Schaeffer...🤷‍♂️ Coincidence? Not sure on that one.🤦🤔
I'd personally use another UOA company and see what they say.

...so I talked to one on the heads of the tech dept and the head of the lab. Titanium was indeed part of the ad pack on passenger car engines oils, briefly, the new SP formulation dos not have titanium in it.
Thanks that confirms what I was told by corporate. My sales rep was unaware of this.

Back