2022 Santa Cruz

Hello all,

Picked this up last week. Cool little truck. Will meet my needs. I opted for the AWD 2.5T and 8 speed DCT over the 2.5 naturally aspirate 8 speed auto. The AWD 2.5T and DCT make a good pair and it's actually pretty zippy and fun to drive. Gas mileage on the highway is around 24mpg running 80+ mph. I'm going to add a tow package at some point and I am definitely getting the windows tinted. I'd like to get a bed mat or I may just use some left over carpet and cut it to fit and remove it if and when needed. The coolest feature I think is the built in drink cooler in the bed with a drain valve. I live within miles of the beach and with the AWD on this I can go on the beach and it will be so cool to have the cooler right there. I think I'll enjoy this thing.

Attachments

• IMG_2365.jpeg
    IMG_2365.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2366.jpeg
    IMG_2366.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2378.jpeg
    IMG_2378.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_2380.jpeg
    IMG_2380.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2383.jpeg
    IMG_2383.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2382.jpeg
    IMG_2382.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2377.jpeg
    IMG_2377.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2373_Fotor.jpg
    IMG_2373_Fotor.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2372_Fotor.jpg
    IMG_2372_Fotor.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2374.jpeg
    IMG_2374.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 125
These are really cool. I've seen about 4 different ones here in Houston and I love the design of the rear the most. Enjoy the purchase.

It just makes me wonder why they didn't at least give a hybrid option. Still a really nice looking ride.

These are really cool. I've seen about 4 different ones here in Houston and I love the design of the rear the most. Enjoy the purchase.

It just makes me wonder why they didn't at least give a hybrid option. Still a really nice looking ride.
Yea a hybrid option would've seemed like an easy packaging solution. The Tucson has a hybrid option and the Santa Cruz shares the platform I believe. There are a few observations I've taken in the last few days. Hyundai had some pretty big misses in my opinion. I have the Limited trim, the highest available.

-Lack of auto-tilt-down mirror in passenger side side-mirror when reversing. I have owned 2 G70's and a 2022 Sonata Limited in the last 3 years. All included this feature. Why on earth they'd give the option to a Limited Sonata and not their first "truck" is beyond me. And especially on the range topping trim. Huge miss. It would make this vehicle much easier to back up with. I am really disappointed it's not available.

-Lack of parking sensors. Again, they gave this feature to the Sonata Limited. Why on earth they wouldn't include them in their truck is a huge miss. It's one of their largest vehicles. It would've made so much sense and would've made parking this thing easier.

-My Limited Sonata included laminated windshield and front doors. Neither seen here on the Limited Santa Cruz and the difference in wind noise is clear.

-My Limited Sonata included memory seats. Missing here. Again, I don't understand why that didn't make it in. Same and insignificant really but my wife is much smaller than me and moving the seats is a hassle. For a couple of buttons and a little wiring they could've included this.

-Sonata Limited had a heads up display, missing here.

Those 5 features and I would be 100% satisfied. They gave the more useful features to the Sonata than to the Santa Cruz. The product planner needs to have his head knocked off. To save a minuscule amount of money they omitted features that would make this thing so much easier to live with. I just think these basic items should be included on a Limited trim. It doesn't make product line sense to omit these items on their first truck. Up the MSRP by $500 and include them. I'd have been more than happy to pay.

Last edited:
Does yours have the Surround View option or the Birdseye View on your screen when you go into reverse? If so that would be better.
It does have the 360 surround view from the top down view. I may not even be 30 yet but I am old fashioned and never use the camera for backing up other than checking for traffic. It's mirrors for me. I've never been able to use those camera systems. I don't trust them.

It does have the 360 surround view from the top down view. I may not even be 30 yet but I am old fashioned and never use the camera for backing up other than checking for traffic. It's mirrors for me. I've never been able to use those camera systems. I don't trust them.

Well I’m old fashioned too but take it from me, those camera systems are excellent. I cannot move my head around like I used to do. The cameras really shine for visibility like backing out of a parking spot with larger vehicles on each side. Along with the cross traffic alert it is a huge safety improvement.

I had to get used to the new stuff too. I use it as a tool and not to take away my driving skills like some might.

This looks to me like the perfect sized all-around trucklet. H/K continues to up their game. May this one provide you many years of good service.

Back