2022 Mitsubishi Outlander

Without seeing it in person, it looks uglier than the Rogue and the front end clip looks uglier than the ancient last gen model. Mitsu finally got a dealership re-established in metro St Louis. That's one dealership for 2.8 milliion people.

But they put a vehicle outside that has a MIL on? I can understand forgetting to tighten 1 plug, and I could conceive that the one they forget was dropped upside down. It all depends what was going on in the workshop at the time... should be caught when starting the engine though.

But an engine running on 5 iso 6 or 3 iso 4 cylinders, and a MIL on? That's not just careless, it's negligent.
Oh absolutely. I’d never let that happen on purpose but there is no way they could have not noticed it.

I would have liked to see some more HP. I think they said 180 HP from a 2.5L
Definitely. Drove a 2020 on about a 2,000 mile road trip. Engine and transmission were terrible. It was a joke merging on the freeway at high altitude. Actually drove it up Pikes Peak, it made it anyway. MPG wasn’t spectacular for the lack of power.

Mine look and drive like new 7 years later
I never owned a mitsubishi but I worked for a dealership. Note I'm not saying I worked on them either... There's not much going wrong with them. I worked on Hyundais aswell though...

If the looks are not an issue they are very good vehicles to own. The same can not be said of recent Nissans, so let's see how this works out.

Definitely. Drove a 2020 on about a 2,000 mile road trip. Engine and transmission were terrible. It was a joke merging on the freeway at high altitude. Actually drove it up Pikes Peak, it made it anyway. MPG wasn’t spectacular for the lack of power.

In europe they released an Eclipse Cross. Not sure you get them in the US. They fitted a 1.5 Turbo engine in them. It has full time port injection and part time GDI. Not a big powerhouse either, but much more torque and not as sensitive to altitude. Mind you, the highest mountains here are only 2000 ish feet so no issue either way.

Most Outlanders, except for the last couple years were diesels anyway.

In europe they released an Eclipse Cross. Not sure you get them in the US. They fitted a 1.5 Turbo engine in them. It has full time port injection and part time GDI. Not a big powerhouse either, but much more torque and not as sensitive to altitude. Mind you, the highest mountains here are only 2000 ish feet so no issue either way.

Most Outlanders, except for the last couple years were diesels anyway.
I agree I drove the EC when they came out and really liked it.
However they pulled a Ford trick and the seats were narrow and painful.
That was the deal breaker. Oil changes were a piece of cake too

Back