2022 Jeep Wagoneer review

2017 4Runner TRD Pro. 175K miles. Vehicle has been flawless with no mechanical issues whatsoever. Good luck getting that out of the new Wagoneer.
Well, the Wagoneer is based on the RAM 1500, and we have a fleet of RAM 1500's with most having over 200,000 miles on them at work. Only mechanical issue has been the exhaust manifold studs, which will be a bit more of a task for you when yours go. Depending on the year (I haven't looked yours up) there may be a stainless header option, but some also have integrated catalysts, which may eliminate that option.

Now that we have that out of the way, do you have anything useful to add to the conversation?

Buy a Tahoe and give $40k to charity?

I know, I'll shut up now.
The Tahoe starts at $62K up here, some of the options to make it the same as the Wagoneer don't exist, but I built a Premier and it came to ~$85,000:
1660060849156.jpg

If I could have got all the options the Wagoneer has, the price would be about the same.

What about a Durango with the Hemi V8..No Direct Injection..No Turbo.

Being seeing a lot more Durango on the road lately..Even law enforcement who never bought the Durango are buying them. Even the FBI has some in their fleet now.. Miami-Dade PD is switching over the Durango but theirs are the V6.. Most agencies are getting the 5.7 Hemi.

Too bad the requirements for a NA V8 - which IMHO still leaves the Tahoe as the best choice...as I would also consider the Genesis GV80. Right now, the performance version of the GV70 is about the only thing I would consider replacing my tuned TourX with.

Being seeing a lot more Durango on the road lately..Even law enforcement who never bought the Durango are buying them. Even the FBI has some in their fleet now.. Miami-Dade PD is switching over the Durango but theirs are the V6.. Most agencies are getting the 5.7 Hemi.
Good suggestion, @IndyIan mentioned it earlier too, definitely an option. It's closer in size to the GC L.

The Durango is a dinosaur by now. Can't believe they still make this current generation.

The *only* good thing to come out of the Daimler Chrysler years was the LX and WK2 platforms. They're still great platforms today, and the Durango just got a nice little refresh.
Yes, it was interesting that they did the interior refresh on the Durango but kept the platform, while the GC was moved to a whole different platform. I reviewed an SRT Durango a while back after the refresh.

The Tahoe starts at $62K up here, some of the options to make it the same as the Wagoneer don't exist, but I built a Premier and it came to ~$85,000:
View attachment 111751

If I could have got all the options the Wagoneer has, the price would be about the same.
Just paid $67k for a new 2022 Tahoe 4WD … slim pickings … many still waiting on chips …

I like new Tahoe, but cannot get over that gear selector.
It’s a bit strange - but since you and I drive rentals - we have seen it all for electronic shifters these days …
More satisfied with the dual gate in my Rubicon …

It’s a bit strange - but since you and I drive rentals - we have seen it all for electronic shifters these days …
More satisfied with the dual gate in my Rubicon …
Update: think they avoid the center console due to the Bose subwoofer and ample storage space …
They also moved the cell phone induction charger location to the front of CC … good spot …

Back