2022 Jeep Wagoneer review

I've seen a good amount of Toyota bashing here also.
Perhaps, but you haven't been here very long, lol.
You mentioned your parents aren't big fans of Ford turbo v6's. Why is that. We're talking Ecoboosts, are we not?
Dad likes a basic V8. That's what he's always owned and that's what he's comfortable with. At his age, trying to convince him that something with DI and turbos on it can be just as reliable would not be an exercise worth undertaking.

Last edited:
Perhaps, but you haven't been here very long, lol.

Dad like a basic V8. That's what he's always owned and that's what he's comfortable with. At his age, trying to convince him that something with DI and turbos on it can be just as reliable would not be an exercise worth undertaking.
Once some folks pass a certain age.... no one can convince them or change their minds about anything.
I have suffered many a headache trying to until I realized - it is a lost cause. You can show them all the
rational proof on earth and they simply "don't want to hear it.!"

Once some folks pass a certain age.... no one can convince them or change their minds about anything.
I have suffered many a headache trying to until I realized - it is a lost cause. You can show them all the
rational proof on earth and they simply "don't want to hear it.!"

If you know @AutoMechanic you realize that age might be around 17?

Seriously, people of any age can have their mind made up and don't want to hear it. Quite a few are BITOGers it seems. ;)

@OVERKILL Did you dad make a purchase yet?

If you know @AutoMechanic you realize that age might be around 17?

Seriously, people of any age can have their mind made up and don't want to hear it. Quite a few are BITOGers it seems. ;)

@OVERKILL Did you dad make a purchase yet?
Nope.

For a bit, he was trying to buy my GC from me, as I was considering an X5 45e Hybrid, but I've been reluctant to move on anything (and I love the Jeep) so nothing has happened and he's still driving his ancient Expedition, lol.

Looks like the discounting is back in full force.

1659736243068.jpg

Finally got a ride in one, very well done by Jeep. Also, a number of these have started appearing locally, seem to be selling well, good. But...I just cannot get over the rear 3/4 view. The nose and front of the vehicles are attractive, like the very slight tilt of the grille, but the rear corners just seem unfinished, with that kink in the lower window...almost like the front 3/4 were designed by a different team.

Interior is nice, materials seemed durable, leather was very nice.....overall felt like its intended market.

Maybe if I'd been born rich instead of so good looking. It sounds like, and no offense, there's at least some bit of status level shopping going on at $100k even if that's CD and not US $. Have they looked into vehicles that are the right height/level for a basically straight lateral in/out like maybe an Outback, Edge, Pilot, RX/GX or similar? My best half has knee/hip annoyances and my Escape is just the right height for her to easily slide in/out without lowering/climbing to do so. Or maybe Odyssey/Sienna type. I imagine Lincoln/Cadillac have options similar to the first batch if they just have to have status level involved. Good luck.

Maybe if I'd been born rich instead of so good looking. It sounds like, and no offense, there's at least some bit of status level shopping going on at $100k even if that's CD and not US $. Have they looked into vehicles that are the right height/level for a basically straight lateral in/out like maybe an Outback, Edge, Pilot, RX/GX or similar? My best half has knee/hip annoyances and my Escape is just the right height for her to easily slide in/out without lowering/climbing to do so. Or maybe Odyssey/Sienna type. I imagine Lincoln/Cadillac have options similar to the first batch if they just have to have status level involved. Good luck.
They like being up a bit higher, particularly in the winter, they also don't want something small like an Escape, so their options are really just larger SUV's, though this is on the larger end of "large", they'd be fine with a NBS Grand Charokee IMHO, which dad liked. This size is certainly not required, but it is similar to what they are currently driving (an Expedition) as their inclement weather and tow vehicle.

Dad wants a traditional V8, so that limits their options somewhat.

They are still driving their 22 year old Expedition at this point, so it's still up in the air what they end up going with.

And yes, dad did look at the Navigator/Expedition but as I mentioned earlier in the thread, doesn't like the idea of the turbo V6.

Back