2022 GMC Sierra 1500 info is out

I am really liking the AT4X at least until i saw the price. It’s a classier ZR2. Looks like the 2022 line ranges from $32.5k all the way past $80k! Hard to believe the same platform can have such a massive price range.

Interior looks much improved.

What does the bitog consortium think?

I am really liking the AT4X at least until i saw the price. It’s a classier ZR2. Looks like the 2022 line ranges from $32.5k all the way past $80k! Hard to believe the same platform can have such a massive price range.

Interior looks much improved.

What does the bitog consortium think?
Thoughts that will be posted-
It's too expensive-where are the crank windows and manual transmission?
Who needs a pickup-REALLY when a mini van is more practical?
It's not a Crown Vic

So, I noticed that they are referring to the 2022 as a "Limited". So, that indicates that a new truck must be on the way soon.

I really have no brand loyalty and think the GMC is a cool truck. The only better interior, IMO, is from Ram.

As far as price, yeah - ouch. Everything is up there. Who in their right mind would spend almost $60K on a KIA.....LOL

What I think is that these manufacturer's are pricing themselves out of what I'm willing to pay. That is why I'm still driving mostly older stuff.

Could ya put the multivalve shocks on an SLT 6.2 truck in order to save a small fortune?

Toyota Tundra. If we have to spend huge money for a truck at least a Toyota will likely last longer.

The AT4X was cool until I realized it was 6.2L only.

Not that I don’t like the 6.2L, but if I had to pick any engine from the current GM lineup it would be the 3.0 Duramax. Otherwise I would rather have a turbo something

Could ya put the multivalve shocks on an SLT 6.2 truck in order to save a small fortune?

Toyota Tundra. If we have to spend huge money for a truck at least a Toyota will likely last longer.
Yeah, I think you could, you just gotta find the random doofus who swaps their DSSV’s for something else. Its not like the Raptor live valve shocks that are wired into the trucks computers.

I think they are pretty expensive to buy new. IN other words, you could just buy a set of very nice King’s/Fox/Icons/etc.

For me, the biggest advantage of the AT4X is the factory lockers. If you were to take a regular GM truck without lockers and have dual lockers installed aftermarket, you are probably talking $5k in parts and labor. This is where I feel like the Ford Tremor has an advantage. Its 50k base and has a rear locker, $500 front Torsen, and the 3.5L ecoboost. The suspension is not as nice as the AT4X but you have $20k in MSRP saved and could upgrade and still come out ahead.

Last edited:
What I think is that these manufacturer's are pricing themselves out of what I'm willing to pay. That is why I'm still driving mostly older stuff.
GM is selling 800k trucks a year, so is Ford, and Ram is not to far behind.

I don’t think they care.

GM is selling 800k trucks a year, so is Ford, and Ram is not to far behind.

I don’t think they care.
They will probably only sell 600k or less this year. Chip shortage and whatever other excuses.

Autonation, a large publicly traded new dealer chain, posted an incredible $5.4k or so average profit per new unit last quarter. They are selling less but more than making up for it on the margins.

They are finally getting close to the benchmark RAM in interior quality and appearance. The RAM Limited and it's outstanding interior amongst other features is what got me sold over buying another Sierra Denali. I love my RAM and it's not direct injection also.

They are finally getting close to the benchmark RAM in interior quality and appearance. The RAM Limited and it's outstanding interior amongst other features is what got me sold over buying another Sierra Denali. I love my RAM and it's not direct injection also.
The only things Ram had going for them were price and interior. With those things out of the equation, the truck is starting to feel very dated compared to the competition.

Saw this this morning, Big 3 comparison. ;)
Good review!

The only things Ram had going for them were price and interior. With those things out of the equation, the truck is starting to feel very dated compared to the competition.

They have the coil sprung rear which does ride nice. I have rented a bunch of Ram 1500's from both this and the last gen and they all rode very nice. As good or better stock than my F150 on Bilstein 5100's, which was a massive improvement over the stock F150.

Also, that 8 speed is great. It really is. It is always in the right gear, I never found it to be annoying at any point. I have driven one F150 with the new 10 speed, and it was good, but for some reason that 8 speed is just dialed.

Last edited:
Back