2021 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus - Review & Farewell

That is not my experience. Real leather is coated for 99% of automotive applications.
My aunt has a 16' Avalon with light-grey "leather", I don't think it is real. It's FIRE in the summer. My Genesis had black leather seats, and they were not hardly hot at all in the summer.

That is not my experience. Real leather is coated for 99% of automotive applications.
All leather is coated and preserved or else it would ruin and rot almost instantly (because it's animal skin). But good genuine leather does breathe on a microscopic level.

My aunt has a 16' Avalon with light-grey "leather", I don't think it is real. It's FIRE in the summer. My Genesis had black leather seats, and they were not hardly hot at all in the summer.
The Genesis automobiles have extremely high quality interiors.(y)

The front seats in my Accords are real leather, but the back seats definitely seem like "pleather". My 300ZX has incredibly high quality real leather. Much better than my Accord.

Forgot one of my big Minuses.

It’s not a relaxing car to drive. Whether it’s cruise control or AutoPilot on, there’s a lot going on. Not sure how to describe it. I was always on the edge driving it.

And the passenger mirror was already peeling off
35D6B319-87F2-4F2D-BA59-58D7E71121F9.jpeg

With regards to used car values:

Last year I was over 10 grand tanked in my Atlas. I traded it in a month ago and made money.
Local dealer (not who we purchased from) reached out last month after a service on our atlas. Offering a smidge below my OTD price in June.

My wife loves it so that’s a no-go.

Edit: we were lucky enough to buy right before things really went south with inventory.

Last edited:
I've said it all along that Tesla isn't a car company, they are an electric motor company. The cars are junk. This is why I went with a Rav4 Prime, in part. I wanted a good vehicle. Thanks for the honest review, OP!

It is a bit strange that in times when the sedan is unpopular, people buy Tesla sedans. I guess it is the toy factor. EV new toy is the goal, overlooking it is also a sedan. I am trying to think of other full EV non luxury class price sedans. Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Subaru, are there any?

Reactions: Y_K
It is a bit strange that in times when the sedan is unpopular, people buy Tesla sedans. I guess it is the toy factor. EV new toy is the goal, overlooking it is also a sedan. I am trying to think of other full EV non luxury class price sedans. Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Subaru, are there any?
They are much better built, but slower and with less tech

“It’s a TESLA.” The nameplate is what matters.

There's a reason for it. Go drive one.

Be happy you dumped it now. Jason Fenske from engineering explianed said even getting a brake pad changed from Tesla became a chore. His muskiness said that Teslas "Would never need brake pads changed for the life of the vehicle."

Be happy you dumped it now. Jason Fenske from engineering explianed said even getting a brake pad changed from Tesla became a chore. His muskiness said that Teslas "Would never need brake pads changed for the life of the vehicle."
Unless they became rusted or damaged in an accident, they won't.

Brake pads last a minimum of 100K miles. The cars use regenerative braking, which means the car is stopped by the electric motor not by brake friction.
In fact, Tesla brakes should be cleaned and lubed annually (in colder climates) due to lack of use. These are heavy cars; if the regen failed they become pretty important. They are large, Brembo fixed style; 4 piston calipers.

I know all about Tesla. I worked for an independent dealership a few years back that specialized in electric and hybrid vehicles. Teslas lack of customer service, and poor quality left a bad impression with the dealership owner. Let's face it a one-year old model X shouldn't have had the door latch mechanism fail, yet it did.

Reactions: Y_K
Back