2021 RAM the new torque and towing leader

https://tfltruck.com/2020/12/2021-ram-hd-torque-towing-upgrade-news/

2020-ram-hd-3500-aisin-transmission-1024x622.jpg

Repeat after me: I don't need a new truck, I don't need a new truck...

The battle with Ford Ram and Chevy has gotten crazy out of hand
They all have more power and tq than the average truck owner needs or really wants in most cases

Most never utilize the full potential of these trucks

most truck buyer just ride the roads and haul groceries and take vacations

seldom do they haul to the max

Buy it. You only live once. lol

What kind of viscosity these trucks require? 40 or more?
I'd be surprised if they run on hinge lube (20).

Wow, 37k, a cummins and an Aisin trans? That is rather compelling. Perhaps enough to sway my F450 preference back to Ram. Not that i would be buying an HD truck anytime soon, just for the fantasy truck league.

I‘ve had to haul to the MAX with duallys to pay the bills. These trucks are spent by the time the warranty period is over.

If I could tow 40k without getting busted for no CDL I would do it.

Last edited:

Again, they’re not meant for “most” buyers. “Most” buyers don’t want the headache of modern diesel emissions and repair bills or to pay diesel fuels generally higher cost. Yes, there are people buying 2500’s and 3500’s to daily drive, but they’re the minority.

Yes, there are people buying 2500’s and 3500’s to daily drive, but they’re the minority.
Based strictly on observation, there are lots and lots of 2500's on the road in the kind of perfect shape that can not have been used in just about anything else as a daily driver to haul groceries and the occasional bag of mulch. Some are lifted to the point where they would be horrible at towing anything heavier than a single jet ski.

3500's are different, most look like they are used for something where a 3500 makes sense, business, heavy loads in the bed or heavy towing/

Based strictly on observation, there are lots and lots of 2500's on the road in the kind of perfect shape that can not have been used in just about anything else as a daily driver to haul groceries and the occasional bag of mulch. Some are lifted to the point where they would be horrible at towing anything heavier than a single jet ski.

3500's are different, most look like they are used for something where a 3500 makes sense, business, heavy loads in the bed or heavy towing/

Agreed, a lot of the F250s I see are more related to the pinhead mentality "My truck is bigger than your truck" than actual need. By the time you get in 350 territory there is usually some serious use involved.

I'd be inclined to believe the majority of the F-150 type crowd don't need a truck, they just want one which is fine it's their money.

I'd be inclined to believe the majority of the F-150 type crowd don't need a truck, they just want one which is fine it's their money.
Agreed. There have been very few jobs that I have done with my Ram 1500 that could not have been accomplished (or accomplished better) with a Suburban or minivan. The Ram just happened to be cheaper than either of those options at my time of purchase. Plus towing more than 5-6K pounds with a 1500 (if you have a cab full of passengers) will probably put you over the payload limit.

The 2021 Ram HD news is a bit of a yawn. The cab is still dated since it is on the Gen 4 platform.

Agreed, a lot of the F250s I see are more related to the pinhead mentality "My truck is bigger than your truck" than actual need. By the time you get in 350 territory there is usually some serious use involved.

This has been talked about MANY TIMES. If you can afford the initial acquisition and operating costs, trucks are one of the most versatile vehicles on the road. I know-so are mini-vans but no one wants to drive one of those.

Back