2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Boyer has this on their lot:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_11d3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_11d2.jpg

SHOULD be able to give driving impressions later today if we are able to take it out.

My wife absolutely loves it. Likes the look far more than the e-tron and more than the Model Y.

It is a LOT smaller in person than I expected. The interior, at first blush, looks fantastic. If we were to purchase, we'd hold out for the GT (which isn't yet available).

I saw one the other day. (1) The fact it's called Mustang I hate that. (2) It's MUCH smaller than I had anticipated. (3) The frunk is cool.

If I could plug a car in where I live, I'd probably buy one. Alas...

OK, test drive performed!

As @Cujet noted, the acceleration is not on-par with the Tesla. This one has the 88kWh battery, 0-60 in 4.8 seconds according to Ford, but definitely felt slower than the Model 3, but faster than the Audi:

346HP, 428lb-ft of torque.

FAR more nimble than the e-tron, felt very much on-par with the Model 3, but the interior is markedly better.

Unlike the Tesla, it has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Paired my iPhone 12 and the interface was very nice to use. Having the speedometer in the traditional location was also very nice. The B&O sound system was good, though I don't think as good as the HK in the SRT.

Ford has opted to avoid leather as well, even in the GT. They are using a material called ActiveX™ (OT: What the heck is it with Ford and Microsoft?!!) but the seats are perforated and feel more upscale than the Tesla ones, though not as nice as the Jeep Laguna leather, which is phenomenal.

I DEFINITELY see the appeal of this vehicle. It is quite frankly, a phenomenal first effort by Ford.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_11d8.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_11d9.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_11da.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_11d6.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_11d5.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_11d7.jpg

Cool... How's the radio? The Model 3 is excellent.
How much is it? Do you just pay sticker? I imagine you can negotiate...

I was at my Ford dealer today.
The lot was about empty. Said they can't get cars...chips????

I heard the same thing! This car was special ordered for an old guy that discovered he didn't like EV's once he actually received it so the dealer swapped it for a regular GT for him and now they have the car.

I heard the same thing! This car was special ordered for an old guy that discovered he didn't like EV's once he actually received it so the dealer swapped it for a regular GT for him and now they have the car.
I really dig it. Thanks for all the info.
Wonder if all dealerships are going to have chargers. There is your built in network...

So it has vinyl seats? Glad they made the vastly superior choice. Are they as nice as even 40 yo MB-Tex?

So it has vinyl seats? Glad they made the vastly superior choice. Are they as nice as even 40 yo MB-Tex?
It's called "ActiveX", which I assume they could only use due to their relationship with Microsoft :ROFLMAO:

But yes, I'd expect it is some sort of vinyl product. Seems very good. I like it better than MB-Tex, at least what I've experienced, which admittedly, wasn't too recent. When I was shopping AMG's, they had leather.

Little dealer vid I found on them:

It's called "ActiveX", which I assume they could only use due to their relationship with Microsoft :ROFLMAO:

But yes, I'd expect it is some sort of vinyl product. Seems very good. I like it better than MB-Tex, at least what I've experienced, which admittedly, wasn't too recent. When I was shopping AMG's, they had leather.

Little dealer vid I found on them:

Not that you would look probably but are you sure these are unique to this car or were they borrowed from the other vehicles in
the Ford stable.

Not that you would look probably but are you sure these are unique to this car or were they borrowed from the other vehicles in
the Ford stable.

The seating material? Ford uses it across their entire fleet now and are replacing leather with it in the regular Mustang now. They argue it has the same feel, but more durable. I'd have to agree that it DOES feel a LOT like leather; definitely not like vinyl. Given the tears I've had with Ford leather in the past, if this is more durable, that'd be a good thing.

The seating material? Ford uses it across their entire fleet now and are replacing leather with it in the regular Mustang now. They argue it has the same feel, but more durable. I'd have to agree that it DOES feel a LOT like leather; definitely not like vinyl. Given the tears I've had with Ford leather in the past, if this is more durable, that'd be a good thing.
I have no issue with vinyl either.
In Ford SD it feels like leather and is very durable

Back