2021 Kia Optima - Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
Well, the 2021 Kia Optima has been revealed. I'm not the biggest fan of the Sonata exterior, but really like the interior. Looks like the Optima might have a nice interior too, it's a teaser pic for the interior.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30260281/kia-optima-2021-photos-info/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Can't have the Koreans make a beautiful car like the one posted. Not on BITOG.

That's a better looking car than any Honda product.

I'm not a huge fan. I REALLY liked the styling of the 2011 models when they came out, in fact I almost bought one. I don't know which year they changed, but those were beautiful cars. The look of this one isn't as elegant, almost as if they're trying too hard. I think it's pretty average, the new Camry has it beat in the looks department by a long shot IMO.

Looks sharp! Way better then the new Sonata and miles ahead of the worst styled car in the class - the current Camry.

Originally Posted by cos
Looks sharp! Way better then the new Sonata and miles ahead of the worst styled car in the class - the current Camry.

But that Camry will still be on the road a heck of a lot longer and hold it's value much better all along the way.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PowerSurge
Originally Posted by cos

But that Camry will still be on the road a heck of a lot longer and hold it's value much better all along the way.

Yep...and while the Koreans have gotten much better they still lag behind in true durability. I hear from a lot of owners that say while the cars initially impress and are quite good for the first 5 years, or 50k , they quickly decline after that, and seem to be tired, which you never find with Toyota, Honda, or Mazda. Additionally the price difference isn't there any more you're almost paying the same for the HK as you would for a competitive Honda, Toyota, or Mazda.

Originally Posted by cos

Only if it doesn't kill you with abject boredom first.

I like it, I'll have to check one out. Digging the interior a lot as well.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by cos

Only if it doesn't kill you with abject boredom first.

I like it, I'll have to check one out. Digging the interior a lot as well.

Mario Andretti once said there aren't any boring cars, only boring drivers,

I'm not going to bash one brand to bring another one up. Seems to happen in every thread here lately. It's like middle school children on the playground.

That new Optima rendering is sharp.

Mario Andretti once said there aren't any boring cars, only boring drivers,

He also said even if you make the best wine in the world, someone isn't going to like it because it isn't their style.
wink.gif

I do wish the long style tail light trend would die though. It looks cool, but they all seem to invariably end up leaking and shorting out in the center section. Lots of 2011-2014 Chargers, and 2014+ Durango's in my area with dead trunk/hatch lights. They're just cosmetic on those vehicles, so not the complete end of the world, but they're still expensive to replace.

Last edited:
Only if it doesn't kill you with abject boredom first. .

What exactly is a car supposed to do or have or be on the morning commute or dropping the kids at school or going to the store? Or on a 3 hour road trip for that matter? Does anyone expect to track a Camry or tear around back roads in it? People seem to like them for what they are.

Looks great. When Kia and Hyundai first came out I thought they would follow the path of the Yugo. These cars really took a bite out of the big three and it amazes me how well built they are.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Only if it doesn't kill you with abject boredom first. .

What exactly is a car supposed to do or have or be on the morning commute or dropping the kids at school or going to the store? Or on a 3 hour road trip for that matter? Does anyone expect to track a Camry or tear around back roads in it? People seem to like them for what they are.

It's an appliance, and it does that job phenomenally well. But to me, it will never be anything more than just "a car." A Camry and a Hellcat both go to the store, or drop the kids off, or commute the same... but I personally would rather do it in the Hellcat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back