2021 Hyundai Oil Filter

My wife has a 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe and it calls for a 263502S00 oil filter anybody have a cross for this filter?
All I have found is a Kia with the same number a Premium Guard PG99527EX and maybe an STP S45020. I've
been a Ford guy all my life so this is my first experience with a foreign car.

I have a 19' Sorento which uses the same filter. IMO, I'd use OEM. Some Walmart's carry them for about $7. With Hyundai and Kia's recent track record, OEM oil filter is the safe way to go. They're also good filters. Remember, they blamed the first fires on customers who used aftermarket filters, knowing manufacturing was the real problem.

Is that a cartridge filter? Whatever it is, it's a brand new one and every website I’ve checked doesn’t have your model yet. The early problems with the spinons are irrelevant here and long gone, but some still pray to the OEM Mann gods which are just OK jobbers really, I’ve seen 0 proofs of any problems since 2016 (when I bought my Kia). In fact, a friend of mine got a new engine for his 2012 Hyundai genesis coupe at 90k miles with no proof of oil changes whatsoever.

Upd. Found this https://www.hyundainyparts.com/oem-parts/hyundai-oil-filter-263502s000
If this model is that new I wouldn't risk it at this point, just find a service special and change it at the dealer. Hyundai/Kia oil changes are like $39 anyways, I'm sure more options will pop up soon

Last edited:
Is that a cartridge filter? Whatever it is, it's a brand new one and every website I’ve checked doesn’t have your model yet. The early problems with the spinons are irrelevant here and long gone, but some still pray to the OEM Mann gods which are just OK jobbers really, I’ve seen 0 proofs of any problems since 2016 (when I bought my Kia). In fact, a friend of mine got a new engine for his 2012 Hyundai genesis coupe at 90k miles with no proof of oil changes whatsoever.

Upd. Found this https://www.hyundainyparts.com/oem-parts/hyundai-oil-filter-263502s000
If this model is that new I wouldn't risk it at this point, just find a service special and change it at the dealer. Hyundai/Kia oil changes are like $39 anyways, I'm sure more options will pop up soon
Yes it seems to be a new filter because no one has a cross for it and it drives me crazy to pay more for shipping that what the filter cost. Lol

How far are you from a Hyundai or Kia dealer? Depending on who you look at Hyundai has it for $17 and Kia has it for $11.25. Probably easiest to just buy it over the dealer parts counter.

just get the OE Mann-Hummel Kia-Hyundai filter at the dealers!! $5 ea in 2019!!

2020 and '21 Kia Rio(s) , Hyundai Accent and Venue now have cartridge filters . All are 1.6 liter engine . Posted a picture of one from a '20 RIO hatchback .

Last edited:
Nothing is "free".. . There's money in place somewhere that actually pays the employee, materials used etc etc...

FREE means . . . FREE, that you don't have to pay for the service you received. Hyundai is doing this because so many owners are not doing the required periodic maintenance. They figured it's cheaper to just provide FREE maintenance than replacing an engine.

Takes a while for competitors to crank out production

Use the OE filter for the first few changes. Check rockauto and online local autopart store catalog every few months. Eventually, most brands will have an xreference for this cartridge.

Don't the Hyundais come with FREE maintenance for 36mo/36,000 miles now?
They do if you are willing to trust them. I usually do all my oil changes but since my 2020 Sonata included the "free" oil changes (I'm pretty sure they adjusted the price of the vehicles slightly to account for those free oil changes) I decided to let them do the first one. Took them a 5qt jug of Mobil 1 AFE to use because I didn't want the synthetic blend they use. Pick it up afterwards and asked where the leftover oil was as it only calls for 4.76 quarts and they informed me "It took all of it." I'll be doing my own oil changes from here on out. You can't trust these service departments to do anything correctly anymore. Even a basic oil change.

Yes it seems to be a new filter because no one has a cross for it and it drives me crazy to pay more for shipping that what the filter cost. Lol
I have the same issue with the filter for my 2020 Sonata but I did find that I could get it from O'reilly's Auto Parts or Walmart online now.

Your best bet is to go to the local dealership's parts department as others have said. See if they will reduce the price even. My dealership's parts department had one guy tell me my filter was $5.50 and the next day another guy said $12. When asked why the difference he said the original guy quoted me the price they charge their service department for a filter. I hope to buy 3 or 4 at that price on Saturday.

Just throwing this out there.

Since they now provide the OEM filter "free of charge", they have an avenue under MMWA to deny coverage for aftermarket filters.

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

Back