2021 Ford ranger 2.3

How many use Castrol edge 5-30?
As with most gdi engines I get fuel dilution, was using Mobil 1 but was thinking maybe Castrol might be better protection.
I haven’t heard of any engine problems from the fuel dilution, Ford even said if you idle a lot or do a lot of short trips to expect the oil level to rise but it’s completely normal

How many use Castrol edge 5-30?
As with most gdi engines I get fuel dilution, was using Mobil 1 but was thinking maybe Castrol might be better protection.
I haven’t heard of any engine problems from the fuel dilution, Ford even said if you idle a lot or do a lot of short trips to expect the oil level to rise but it’s completely normal

walmart has castrol edge 5w30 marked down online right now for 24.22 they have 0w20 for 20.99. i just purchased two jugs of 5w30 and used the $20 castrol rebate i seen on here. good deal on good oil. from here on out, castrol will be going in my ranger as long as i own it.

Either oil would serve the engine well. I believe a better bet to protect the engine is more frequent oil changes. I used 5K oil changes on my 2020 Ranger and now on my 2023 3.5L F-150.

Back