2020 Silverado 1500 6.2L towing

It appears that thickies are pro free speech.

While thinnies are pro censorship, & also indulge in the name calling/labels they profess to abhor.

15w40 vs 0w20 anyone?
You do understand that free speech only applies to the government barring you from speaking, right? People really need to educate themselves on the Constitution. We don't have free speech, you are not free from the reactions to your speech and people and private organizations can control speech.

The 1st Amendment (free Speech you speak of) only applies to the government against the people. The government cannot restrict free speech. So, I can tell you that your speech is not appropriate all I want.

And in all of my posts that you selected in bold, not once did I call you a name or label you. Those are descriptors of your behavior and you know it.

A name, label or behavior, directed at me?

Are you confusing replying to other posters rather than to me?

The topic of gummint restricting free speech is a bit beyond the scope of this oil thread, but ignorance is bliss, I reckon.

So, you're a private organization in a public forum who wishes to "control speech", especially if it's not in line with your "thinking" (I'm being kind here).

Can you force anyone to comply with yer 0w rational?

You're not OK with what the two posters I quoted typed, but your response is validated?

Will "thickies" be forever ****ed, in your new world?

Pick up your crayons & cry me a river.

Melt, even.

And in all of my posts that you selected in bold, not once did I call you a name or label you. Those are descriptors of your behavior and you know it.
We don't have free speech, you are not free from the reactions to your speech and people and private organizations can control speech.

Last edited:
You do understand that free speech only applies to the government barring you from speaking, right? People really need to educate themselves on the Constitution. We don't have free speech, you are not free from the reactions to your speech and people and private organizations can control speech.

The 1st Amendment (free Speech you speak of) only applies to the government against the people. The government cannot restrict free speech. So, I can tell you that your speech is not appropriate all I want.

Pick one;

www.yourlogicalfallacyis.com

Edit; You guys are going to get me in trouble for the 10th time.

big thank you to everyone who’s pitched in info,opinions and a laugh or two on this thread. Now to see if it consumes the rotella gas truck at the same rate.

I can think of a number of things on my truck that could easily be improved had the engineers not been handicapped by something stupid. Ford tried to put 5W-20 in the Ecoboost and realized it wasnt cutting it and switched to 5W-30.
Thanks for that. And lest we forget, Ford also specified 5w-20 for the 6.2 in the F250/350. Changed back to 5w-30.

Or the million mile van with the 5w-20 specified 5.4 V8, which was run on Schaeffer 15w-40 all its life.

Or that Toyota owner manuals have said for many years that a thicker oil is required for sufficient lubrication in high demand situations.

Or that the owner manuals in Europe and Australia for the most part have specified thicker oils than what is in the US manuals and xxw-20 oils have been difficult to find in those regions.

These are examples I'm familiar with; I'm sure there are others.

Real mature. I have an idea. Why don't you discuss the topics without adding silly peanut gallery comments to the mix?
I like the peanut gallery when they're speaking the truth. And, they're speaking the truth.

Thanks for that. And lest we forget, Ford also specified 5w-20 for the 6.2 in the F250/350. Changed back to 5w-30.

Or the million mile van with the 5w-20 specified 5.4 V8, which was run on Schaeffer 15w-40 all its life.

Or that Toyota owner manuals have said for many years that a thicker oil is required for sufficient lubrication in high demand situations.

Or that the owner manuals in Europe and Australia for the most part have specified thicker oils than what is in the US manuals and xxw-20 oils have been difficult to find in those regions.

These are examples I'm familiar with; I'm sure there are others.

yes my owners manual for Lexus GX with the 1UR-FE is very explicit about using 0W-20. Even 5W-20 is only acceptable if 0w-20 is not available.

in Australia that same motor can run 20w-50. 🤦‍♂️

yes my owners manual for Lexus GX with the 1UR-FE is very explicit about using 0W-20. Even 5W-20 is only acceptable if 0w-20 is not available.

in Australia that same motor can run 20w-50. 🤦‍♂️
But you're using 0w20 🤷‍♂️

big thank you to everyone who’s pitched in info,opinions and a laugh or two on this thread. Now to see if it consumes the rotella gas truck at the same rate.
So how’s the RGT run ? That’s next in the Jeep … but my 5.3L is at 53k and uses no oil on Mobil 1 …

So how’s the RGT run ? That’s next in the Jeep … but my 5.3L is at 53k and uses no oil on Mobil 1 …
Mine used a bit less over interval than Mobil. I liked it just moved to another brand to try and stop the oil consumption. Nothing wrong with either brand. My truck is just different I guess. Zero consumption with valvoline extended protection and zero with amsoil SS.

I'm a fan of Castrol Edge or Castrol EdgeEP.
As a Ford person. FORD , themselves, like Castrol and work with Castrol developing the Motorcraft oils.
If you look at product details and specifications the Castrol Edge OW-20 is ever so slightly heavier oil compared to the Mobil OW-20

I'm a fan of Castrol Edge or Castrol EdgeEP.
As a Ford person. FORD , themselves, like Castrol and work with Castrol developing the Motorcraft oils.
If you look at product details and specifications the Castrol Edge OW-20 is ever so slightly heavier oil compared to the Mobil OW-20
Ford and Castrol?

/scratches chin

Back