2020 Equinox 1.5t AWD, Valvoline 0w20 EP

This is the 3rd UOA all oils purchased at Walmarts
Pennzoil first, RP 2nd and last Valvoline all 0w20. I really liked the Valvoline over the RP, it had the same smoothness, and cheaper. I did not like Pennzoil. Any thoughts on this report?

Attachments

• IMG_0838.jpeg
    IMG_0838.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 429
Pennzoil first, RP 2nd and last Valvoline all 0w20. I really liked the Valvoline over the RP, it had the same smoothness, and cheaper. I did not like Pennzoil. Any thoughts on this report?
What Valvoline flavor did you run ?

I forgot my wife used the car for work 1.3 miles ea way since November and once a wk 60 mile round trip.

Wow these turbo 1.5 GM motors spec 0w20? At any rate the viscosity is still pretty good at 8.35, although with flashpoint at 385, there is more fuel dilution than Blackstone states. TBN is solid at 3.2. Good report.

Too much Moly in the first uoa for it 2 b Pennzoil. Vis looks good. Wear looks good. You should run what you like.

Wow these turbo 1.5 GM motors spec 0w20? At any rate the viscosity is still pretty good at 8.35, although with flashpoint at 385, there is more fuel dilution than Blackstone states. TBN is solid at 3.2. Good report.
They didn't use to. I have a 17 Malibu with the 1.5T (different engine code though) and it calls for 5w30. I believe this changed somewhere around 2019.

It's an excellent report. Low iron, both viscosities in the middle and a TBN showing the add pack has more miles left on it. Superb!

Interesting, did they acutally change anything in the engines?
Don’t know if anything changed, but the oil filters the same and in EU the engine calls for 0w20 at almost 10000 mile oci

I have Mobil 1 0w20 ep in the car now, I’m going to take it to <10%. I have 2 more jugs of the same when their done I probably go back to Valvoline ep

Back