201chevy silverado 1500 ltz (5.3 non flex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the point, you could turn the key and follow the FSM/OLM and the truck will go to the junk yard with no more issues than if you spend a lot of money on fancy oils.

Modern trucks just don't have drive train issues anymore, besides most of the factory oils are probably synthetic.

You don't get a prize for crushing a truck with Redline oil in it, just a far lighter wallet.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OnDeadlyGrounds
Also considering putting in a break in fluid for 500 or so miles. I have 4 free oil changes but I personally am not a fan of synth blend.

Is the 0w20 that GM uses a blend?

The dealership I took my truck to a couple of days ago has a drive through oil change bay about 3 pick up trucks long with a spectator's gallery.

You can watch your vehicle being worked on, go get a free coffee, kick tires in the show room or all three.

The service writer will enter your VIN# and check for bulletined engine and transmission control up-dates.

Next they drive the vehicle out, wash and vacuum it, hand you the keys and away you go. No charge!

"Oh, but I don't trust factory approved fluids, so I'm going to change it myself. Any suggestions on what to use?"

Yes it is.

Originally Posted By: chainblu
Also considering putting in a break in fluid for 500 or so miles. I have 4 free oil changes but I personally am not a fan of synth blend.

Is the 0w20 that GM uses a blend?

Use whatever full synthetic oil with a Dexos1 label on it, you like. You should them not have to worry about voiding warranty. Being you said you work in the auto industry, do you believe that the factory fill does not meet the specs. they say you have to use? If they meet the specs., then what to worry?

I feel like quality control is a joke these days. That goes for all industries. If I know what I put in the vehicle, then I just feel better about it I guess.

..I work in the auto industry..

I feel like quality control is a joke these days..

Indeed.

PP, 229.5 M1 or T6 are my favorites. Good luck.

Ive narrowed it down to royal purple 0w20 or redline 0w20. With a royal purple filter. Being in illinois with winter coming, which of these oils would be better?

Last edited:
I've been using RP 0W20 in my cars for the last year with great results. I've completed 4 OCI's are both cars have enjoyed the grape juice. RP is readily available and will meet your needs. Will complete a UOA later this year.

Ive narrowed it down to royal purple 0w20 or redline 0w20. With a royal purple filter. Being in illinois with winter coming, which of these oils would be better?

-George

I want the best for my 50k investment.

Is your "$50k investment" appreciating like your other investments?

I want the best for my 50k investment. If you don't like that, please feel free to go else where.

The best assumes that there will be a measurable difference between two oils that meet the same specs. Good luck to anyone trying to prove that on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back