2019 RAV4 Transmission Drain Crush Washer

I want to do a transmission fluid change on our 2019 RAV4 with the 8 speed. I already did it on my 2015 Camry with the 6 speed on these sealed units. Anyway, I cannot find the part number for the fill and drain plug crush washers on the 8 speed. The dealer won't even tell me because they said I shouldn't be doing it myself because it's too complicated (they don't know me). I never had a problem finding them online for the Camry. Has anyone done this on an 8 speed and know the part numbers? Thanks!

You should be able find this online through the numerous Toyota parts diagrams, from what I saw it may have a part number of 90430-A0003 but I was not sure of some of your vehicle specifics.

And I'd seriously consider finding a different dealer.

Go to toyodiy.com and enter your vin. You may be able to get your part number there.

There seems to be some variability with RAV part numbers depending on where it was manufactured.

You can try autoparts.toyota.com as well with your vin.

Good luck. And I second the recommendation to find a new dealer.

Crush washers crush. Not removing it does not preclude the fact that it served its function.
If it's anything like my Corolla, it can be crushed many times.

a271e3a118ffa863db4424e4fe446fcc.jpg

Napa carries them it should be part # ATM-PB2043, pretty much used throughout many years and many different Toyota transmissions.

Find a different dealer as well.

I have changed it a couple times - 2019 RAV4 8-speed AT. It is indeed p/n 90430-A0003 for both fill & drain plugs as kschachn postulated. Also, great site for part number lookup is, as drtyler said, ToyoDIY.com.
Do you have to remove the wheel well to get to the fill hole?

I got some aluminum washers on ebay, i twas like $2 for eight or ten. You need the diameter of the old one.

Go to toyodiy.com and enter your vin. You may be able to get your part number there.

There seems to be some variability with RAV part numbers depending on where it was manufactured.

You can try autoparts.toyota.com as well with your vin.

Good luck. And I second the recommendation to find a new dealer.
Cool site thanks. Now how do I find my frame code?

Also, if its a Japanese built for N. America - its still N. America market correct?

1694123831280.jpg

I want to do a transmission fluid change on our 2019 RAV4 with the 8 speed. I already did it on my 2015 Camry with the 6 speed on these sealed units. Anyway, I cannot find the part number for the fill and drain plug crush washers on the 8 speed. The dealer won't even tell me because they said I shouldn't be doing it myself because it's too complicated (they don't know me). I never had a problem finding them online for the Camry. Has anyone done this on an 8 speed and know the part numbers? Thanks!
The only reason they told you that was likely they had many non-mechanically minded people come in with the wrong fluids in their engine or transmission.

Do you have to remove the wheel well to get to the fill hole?
I did them during normal maintenance service so was already changing oil & rotating tires so they were off.
Wait, you're asking about the wheel well. No, you don't have to remove it. There is a little flap that has to be removed which is held on with (2) 10mm hex head bolts. Manual refill needs a long funnel or a few together to get it outside the wheel well to pour in the new fluid.

Is it more complicated than this? Honestly, not trying to be a wise guy....or am I missing something?

Untitled-35.jpg

Moving to RA to get size info:

Looks like it's an 18mm (ID) aluminum seal washer. NAP and JJP uses the same washer.

I use a lot of aluminum seal washers so I get them in bulk. Scroll down for aluminum ones.

The M20 drain plug washer on the Legend was reused so many times before I took ownership, it was deformed to the point where it was mushroomed over the flange of the plug.

Is it more complicated than this? Honestly, not trying to be a wise guy....or am I missing something?

View attachment 177503

Moving to RA to get size info:

Looks like it's an 18mm (ID) aluminum seal washer. NAP and JJP uses the same washer.

I use a lot of aluminum seal washers so I get them in bulk. Scroll down for aluminum ones.

The M20 drain plug washer on the Legend was reused so many times before I took ownership, it was deformed to the point where it was mushroomed over the flange of the plug
Always check the diagram to be certain. Don't ask me how I know...

Always check the diagram to be certain. Don't ask me how I know...
I know this all to well too. Toyota (and Lexus) have really poor parts diagrams. Some for the Lexus don't look like anything close to what the LS looks like. Particularly bad are coolant and HVAC hoses. Some diagrams that show the desired hose also show equipment that isn't part of the car (such as a defroster coil that is located in the dash). Makes one question even the "correct" parts. And this is searching by VIN.

Untitled-38.jpg

I've had to show up in person at the dealer parts counter so we both can scratch our heads looking for parts.

Thanks guys! I did look at multiple online Toyota parts sites and I could not find it. It was easy for my 15 Camry, but this was tough. This thread proves that as there are 3 part numbers here alone.

https://www.toyodiy.com/ is awesome! I didn't know about that site. I put my VIN in there and it is indeed PN 90430-18008 (not-A0003) since ours is made in Canada. Maybe the Japan model has the other PN. It turns out the 18008 is the same as my Camry 6 speed so it makes sense that the North American models use that one.

On the 8 speed there is a "bypass" valve you have to open when checking fluid level. FYI. there are videos on this
Thanks for this. I did see a video that mentioned this. My 6 speed doesn't have this so I'll have to find it on the 8 speed and prop it open before I start anything.

Back