2019 corolla cvt fluid check temp

Hi Everyone -

I have found dozens of videos about changing the cvt fluid on a 2019 toyota corolla.
However, none of them actually mention the cvt operating temp needed for a fluid level check.
They mention some pain in the butt obd2 pin jumping nonsense.

Does anyone know the actual temp range for this trans.
It's the toyota cvt with a 1st gear for initial acceleration.
I have a live data code reader to pull those temps.

Thanks

95-113F
1686930164035.jpg

On a Toyota, it seems like you can get away with just doing it cold. Drain it cold, measure how much came out, then refill with the same amount.

The operating temp seems to be 40C or 104F. The jumping isn't as scary as it sounds. Just stick a paper clip between two terminals on the OBD plug (shown in the video) :)

Your Corolla seems to have a diagnostic mode, as shown in this video :unsure:

Last edited:
On a Toyota, it seems like you can get away with just doing it cold. Drain it cold, measure how much came out, then refill with the same amount.

The operating temp seems to be 40C or 104F. The jumping isn't as scary as it sounds. Just stick a paper clip between two terminals on the OBD plug (shown in the video) :)

Your Corolla seems to have a diagnostic mode, as shown in this video :unsure:

Thanks for the vid.

Oh I don't mind jumping pins.
It's the going back and forth from drive and so forth that I could care less about.
I'd rather just grab the atf temp from the obd2 and be done with it.

That may or may not be accurate. I don't think the sensor is that close to the pan.
I figure the pan reads a few degree lower than the fluid. I test different locations of the pan. Call it good.
This may or may not be accurate either... Ha!

All kidding aside, I find the necessity of getiing the car lifted and level enough, within temp range and getting a "dribble" kinda ridiculous and error prone. There is no reason for it. And why don't they just have a screen readout display for various parameters?

The way I see it, the top of the fluid is the top of the fluid. Gimmie a dip stick stuck in a filler tub.

Back