2019 Audi rs3

Which would be the better oil up here in Canada, it can get down to -40. Fuchs TITAN GT1 PRO C-3 SAE 5W-30 vs Total Quartz INEO Long Life SAE 5W-30, I think that the Total has a lower pour point, but does that make much of a difference? Thanks.

Pour point is not a great indicator of cold performance but often that is all that is provided. Honestly at temps possibly as low as -40 I'd be looking at a 0w30.

What approval does the car call for? Is it met by M1 0w-40? If so, that would seem to be the logical choice.

I would not run either of those at ambient temps of 40 under. I would run a 0Wx as the SAE spec for this includes a requirement for maximum pumping viscosity at exactly this temperature. I'd be looking for a 0W-30 with a VW 504 approval.

Go to Canadian Tire and get 0w30 Pennzoil Euro LX, it goes on sale for about $32 a jug, in fact I think it is on sale now through tomorrow.

The other oils you listed are good oils but if you are truly going to be in -40, you want the 0w.

FWIW, I have the same car (2018). Good choice.

Edit - It's actually on sale for $29 a jug

There is also a Quaker State version that is the exact same oil in a different jug, if you miss out on this sale.

Go to Canadian Tire and get 0w30 Pennzoil Euro LX, it goes on sale for about $32 a jug, in fact I think it is on sale now through tomorrow.

The other oils you listed are good oils but if you are truly going to be in -40, you want the 0w.

FWIW, I have the same car (2018). Good choice.

Edit - It's actually on sale for $29 a jug

There is also a Quaker State version that is the exact same oil in a different jug, if you miss out on this sale.
thanks, went down and got 4 jugs, when I looked before at CT I could only find Mobil 1 ESP at $65.00/4.74ltr in 504 spec. On my golf R I was using Castrol 0w-40(502), but CT has quit stocking it here. Being in the middle of no-where limits what I can get locally.

The Mobil goes on sale too, I got a couple jugs a couple weeks ago at 32 bucks, but I still think 0w is the way to go if its going to get that cold.

Back