2018 Silverado 3500HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think wheel to wheel bars/steps and perhaps a subtle set of fender flares and I'm done for awhile

Last edited:
Excuse my post in the other thread. I just stumbled upon this thread after asking all thoses questions about your truck. Neat that their offer and your offer were met EXACTLY in the middle. Reminds me of when I left the Jackson, MS area for Phoenix, AZ and stopped at my cousin's house in Midland, TX- and according to Google maps- Midland was EXACTLY equidistant between the two making it in fact 'Midland'.

My 2500 reg duty rides surprising well and I credit that to the torsion bar and heavy 14 bolt rear axle. It can leave the ground it ridden too fast over some rippled whoop-de-doos I drive over from time to time. It sure can move and the way I see it is it is a modern day man's sportcar. It seems ALL modern day muscle or sports cars are sooooo track oriented that they become a liability to drive as they become dangerous or an absolute dog because you have to baby them against their will just to drive normal and sane. That may be okay for a weekend a month- but we all know it is better driving slow cars fast than fast cars slow.

As with yours, I rarely use it as a big rig hauling tons of stuff. I removed the big pigtail. And you should remove your hitch when not in use as it looks cleaner and of course you dont want a Tanya Harding to a Nancy Kerrigan happening with that thing.

I do NOT like the looks of your headace rack, but if it saves you in a rollover or load shifts then cool, because to some of us safety bests style.

Love my LQ4 with locker G8 and 3.73s. I think my 03 with dbw throttle was the first year and it shows. While decent and transparent most of the time, it sometimes is jerky and notchy like uneven fueling. But I dont think fuel injection will ever be as smooth as carbureted fuel delivery systems. Now add dbw throttles and 'here we go again'. But I do like not having an EGR valve with pintles to make the emission system troublesome.

Really nice truck fwiw. I guess your truck is like mine's younger big brother. Alright now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back