2018 Outlander PHEV 4k Valvoline Durablend 5w-20 SN

This is the third UOA. Decided to try a different lab also.
Changed due to time (6 months/7.5k miles per manual).

Two previous UOAs are here:

Interesting that Iron is much higher in this one...

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 11.07.54 PM.jpg

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't use this lab as they don't test for fuel dilution. Based on your other UOAs, your engine is a fuel diluter. Blackstone is not the most accurate with fuel dilution as they don't use the GC testing method but they are certainly better than nothing. OAI uses the more accurate GC method for testing fuel dilution.

Right, it does seem to dilute with fuel, as the engine may start sometimes right before pulling into the garage types of situations. The question is should I really worry about % of fuel? not something I can control, This UOA shows Viscosity at 100c much better than the previous (Guess this oil starts on the heavier side to begin with). If in the future I will try to extend OCI, will probably come back and test with Blackstone to see %.

What Lab was this? I also find it strange that they don’t check for fuel in todays age of direct injected engines. 🤨😒🤦🏻‍♂️

For 4K iron and aluminum is high, and it getting thin. TBN is still good, but it doesn’t seem to have protected well.

For 4K iron and aluminum is high, and it getting thin. TBN is still good, but it doesn’t seem to have protected well.
Yeah. I‘ll use up 20 weight oils I have in stash first(until the warranty period is over. Manual calls for 0w-20), and then switch to 5w-30 weight oils I have in stash.(Believe in EU is says 30 weight and in AU up to 40 for the same engine).Unless we get a second car that calls for 20 weigh oils this year, I will switch faster.

Back