2018 Outlander PHEV 2500miles Magnatec 5w-20

A second test on this car. As mentioned in the title, 2018 Mitsu Outlander PHEV with 35k miles.
Came out to be as they wanted, 2500 miles in 6 month period.
This time I made about 50 miles round trip on the day of an oil change, so the engine ran for about 30 mins, including hwy. As expected, it reduced fuel dilution #s on the report.
Not sure I will hit 5k in the next period, we both work from home, so our driving is not regular, and hot TX weather makes you want to stay indoors until fall.

I have also installed Fumoto valve this time(like I did on most of the cars I had), as I don't want to deal with changing the drain plug seal (and maybe plug itself). It was dripping and belly pan has some oil on it.

To those curious, the first report- Fram Ultra was used, this report M1 filter was used, and now Napa Platinum is on the car. I know it is an overkill for such low miles, but a few bucks are not a concern unless I find some filters on clearance by accident in Walmart (have about 3 tough guards left for my Volt for example, and that guy goes 2y/20k miles on oil changes).

The oil that went in this time is Valvoline Dura Blend 5w-20 from the stash (manual calls for 0w-20, which I don't think is needed in TX and I don't have any in my stash, Ford that it replaced called for 5w-20), which should be perfectly fine for such low miles. I will continue to replace it as per manual until the car is under (10y/100k miles) warranty ( OCI per manual is 7.5k or 6 months, which is very conservative, but I'm curious to see how fuel dilution and TBN will look with higher miles. There may be a reason)

Oil.JPG

Likewise I use 5w20 in my wife's non-PHEV 2018 Outlander. I do 5k changes on ours regardless of time, usually about 6-8 months.

Your report is very good, could have left it in there longer IMO.

Likewise I use 5w20 in my wife's non-PHEV 2018 Outlander. I do 5k changes on ours regardless of time, usually about 6-8 months.

Your report is very good, could have left it in there longer IMO.
Yeah, I’ll keep increasing miles/time interval if uoa supports it. Worried about trapped fuel/moisture as I can go week or more without engine kicking in…

A second test on this car. As mentioned in the title, 2018 Mitsu Outlander PHEV with 35k miles.
Came out to be as they wanted, 2500 miles in 6 month period.
This time I made about 50 miles round trip on the day of an oil change, so the engine ran for about 30 mins, including hwy. As expected, it reduced fuel dilution #s on the report.
Not sure I will hit 5k in the next period, we both work from home, so our driving is not regular, and hot TX weather makes you want to stay indoors until fall.

I have also installed Fumoto valve this time(like I did on most of the cars I had), as I don't want to deal with changing the drain plug seal (and maybe plug itself). It was dripping and belly pan has some oil on it.

To those curious, the first report- Fram Ultra was used, this report M1 filter was used, and now Napa Platinum is on the car. I know it is an overkill for such low miles, but a few bucks are not a concern unless I find some filters on clearance by accident in Walmart (have about 3 tough guards left for my Volt for example, and that guy goes 2y/20k miles on oil changes).

The oil that went in this time is Valvoline Dura Blend 5w-20 from the stash (manual calls for 0w-20, which I don't think is needed in TX and I don't have any in my stash, Ford that it replaced called for 5w-20), which should be perfectly fine for such low miles. I will continue to replace it as per manual until the car is under (10y/100k miles) warranty ( OCI per manual is 7.5k or 6 months, which is very conservative, but I'm curious to see how fuel dilution and TBN will look with higher miles. There may be a reason)

View attachment 105081
Smart move, Tex, re the 50 mile round trip before change. Report looks good.

Back