2018 Camaro LT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I changed the diff fluid on my 2016 Challenger R/T at about 10,000 miles because of a low speed growling that sounded like tires rubbing when I made a hard turn at low speeds. It had Mopar syn fluid from the factory but I replaced with Syn Valvoline 75W-90 and a bottle of Lubegard additive. No noise now and the fluid that came out (factory fill) looked good w/o any glittery stuff or discoloration.

Last edited:
IMO; new car, warranty could be important.... early change by a trusty dealer service dept (documented) for all of the drivetrain oils is probably good preventative maintenance if you plan to keep the car for a long time.

dealer service dept may say 'don't worry'; but they are only concerned to the 60k mi period when warranty runs out and all repairs for failures are on you after that.

How about synthetic 5w-30 AC Delco dexos oils until you know better?

Following the owner's manual isnt so bad. If it isnt good enough for you- then the service manual can be purchased (maybe the dealer could trade the two free oil changes for some nice literature on your car....eg print a chapter off on general maintenance) i dont know if this hurts the manufacturer, it seems so but bdcardinal works at parts and does so for some customers.

If not wanting to stay factory (which would probably be excellent for the first 10-30k miles, then just buy the top shelf synthetic in the specified grade of the brand of your choice.

10 quarts. Do you have an oil cooler too? Maybe if you make 200 laps around Talladega you can worry about the factory oil not holding up?

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28

10 quarts. Do you have an oil cooler too? Maybe if you make 200 laps around Talladega you can worry about the factory oil not holding up?

I dont understand this.
Why we all here worry and discuss about oil and cars? Most of us here using their cars as daily or weekend tou or even once a while track cars. People just wants to have something better for their cars/trucks.

Why are you here wasting your time?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: theeagleflies

dealer service dept may say 'don't worry'; but they are only concerned to the 60k mi period when warranty runs out and all repairs for failures are on you after that.

True

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back