2018 ATS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Beautiful car, I bet it's comfortable. I couldn't do black on black though.

This Phantom Grey caught my eye and I couldn't quick staring at it. It was by far the best color in my opinion. I would've gotten black had it not been so hard to keep clean. Their silver is a generic boring silver and I'm not a fan of their red or blue and white is the most boring color there is for a car. So, grey it was.

Definitley gonna have to get these windows tinted, or I'm gonna roast on hot summer days.

Originally Posted By: Throt
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Very nice--congratulations on the new car. Obligatory question--which oil and filter?

I get free dealer maintenance for 36,000 miles so it'll more than likely be whatever they put in. Since I've leased it and don't really intend on purchasing it at the end of the lease, I'm not going to be as picky as I normally am. I'm assuming the Cadillac dealer will use a full synthetic, but who knows. Ugh....now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I can do this. I have never, not once, had anyone else change my oil. If I were to do it myself, it'll be regular old Mobil 1 5w30 (0w30 in winter months) and a Fram Ultra filter.

Gorgeous car. My dealership said you could pay difference in M1 and free oil … I never did it because 70 miles away … but since they cover labor and filter might be worth asking …

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Beautiful car, I bet it's comfortable. I couldn't do black on black though.

This Phantom Grey caught my eye and I couldn't quick staring at it. It was by far the best color in my opinion. I would've gotten black had it not been so hard to keep clean. Their silver is a generic boring silver and I'm not a fan of their red or blue and white is the most boring color there is for a car. So, grey it was.

Definitley gonna have to get these windows tinted, or I'm gonna roast on hot summer days.
Oh, it's grey? Looks kind of black in the pictures. So not as bad

I drove one of those before getting my BMW. There is no question in my mind the ATS' combination of ride, steering, and handling was superior to the BMW. When it came to rear seat room and engine/trans, it simply had to be the BMW for me but the ATS is a great driver's car, enjoy it.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Tell me more about the tranny. Don't understand how being barely able to detect shifts is lacking finesse.

Caddy infotainment gets a lot of demerits in the reviews I've read. How do you like it?

When actually driving the transmission isn't bad, but around town and from cold starts it is quite finicky. It doesn't inspire confidence. I'm always just a little worried whether it's gonna shift correctly or not. But I will say, it has gotten better the more I have driven it so I'm hoping those improvements continue. It's hard to explain, it's just apparent that GM didn't take as much time with this transmission as they should have.

I have the 8L90 which is a very similar design in my Sierra. It has the same issue, when cold the first one or two shifts into second gear can be pretty rough.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Outstanding car. We rented one while our car was in the body shop. It was a V6 6 speed auto with 36 miles on it.

I remember it very fondly. I found it a bit small but it was unquestionably the most dynamically rewarding smaller car I have ever driven. Outstanding brakes, sharp turn in, great acceleration, even got 25 mpg with the hot sixer. So smooth, too.

A CTS is probably better for me, but it would give up some of that ridiculous sharpness and agility that the ATS has!

I'll agree, the car is too small for practicality. But I don't have any kids and the dog weighs 14lbs, so I don't really need a ton of space. I was willing to give up space for performance. In 3 years when the lease is up, maybe my preferences will have changed.

I sat in a 2018 CTS at the dealership and it'll be on my list for test-drives come lease ending time. It was so comfortable and the interior was downright gorgeous. I bet it rode like a dream too.

What I'd really like is the CTS-V. But I'd have to get a couple more jobs to afford one of those!

Originally Posted By: glock19
Originally Posted By: Leo99
Tell me more about the tranny. Don't understand how being barely able to detect shifts is lacking finesse.

Caddy infotainment gets a lot of demerits in the reviews I've read. How do you like it?

When actually driving the transmission isn't bad, but around town and from cold starts it is quite finicky. It doesn't inspire confidence. I'm always just a little worried whether it's gonna shift correctly or not. But I will say, it has gotten better the more I have driven it so I'm hoping those improvements continue. It's hard to explain, it's just apparent that GM didn't take as much time with this transmission as they should have.

I have the 8L90 which is a very similar design in my Sierra. It has the same issue, when cold the first one or two shifts into second gear can be pretty rough.

I'm glad to hear that it's not just me. It just makes me wonder, did an engineer ever drive this car from a cold-start during the winter because if they had, how would they have ever allowed that to remain that way. I would like to know what exactly causes it and then I'd like them to issue a TCM update and fix it.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Very nice--congratulations on the new car. Obligatory question--which oil and filter?

I get free dealer maintenance for 36,000 miles so it'll more than likely be whatever they put in. Since I've leased it and don't really intend on purchasing it at the end of the lease, I'm not going to be as picky as I normally am. I'm assuming the Cadillac dealer will use a full synthetic, but who knows. Ugh....now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I can do this. I have never, not once, had anyone else change my oil. If I were to do it myself, it'll be regular old Mobil 1 5w30 (0w30 in winter months) and a Fram Ultra filter.

Gorgeous car. My dealership said you could pay difference in M1 and free oil … I never did it because 70 miles away … but since they cover labor and filter might be worth asking …

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to ask when the time comes. It's something I think I'd be willing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back