2017 Yukon 6.2 suddenly running very rough and check engine light

I was trying to figure out what's similar about the states covered by the service bulletin. The best I could come up with is that they all follow California emissions standards. I wonder if something about the vehicles is actually different, or if the standards just require the repair to be covered in those states.
Found this bulletin for replacing all 8 injectors under an extended coverage but only if you are in 13 states which I’m not. It applies to my model year and RPO L86 for the 6.2. I’m wondering if GM would work with me as I hate to replace one injector and then others fail in the next few months, assuming this is the issue.

Edit-replacing the faulty injectors

I was trying to figure out what's similar about the states covered by the service bulletin. The best I could come up with is that they all follow California emissions standards. I wonder if something about the vehicles is actually different, or if the standards just require the repair to be covered in those states.

That was my guess as well. I don’t think there’s a difference at all in the vehicles. Those states either have stricter emissions laws or better consumer protections is all I could come up with. Hopefully I hear something tomorrow.

Does not apply to the P0206 (Injector #6 Open Circuit) DTC.

Does not apply to the P0206 (Injector #6 Open Circuit) DTC.
Is a coil failure a common occurrence on these motors? Not a lot of miles (72.5k) but a fair amount of hours on ours from waiting to pickup kids, etc.

Update-it needs the #6 fuel injector. $1500 for diagnostics, parts and labor. I’m going to reach out to GM to see if they’ll cover part of it based on the bulletin for states I don’t live in but I’m not expecting much.

Update-it needs the #6 fuel injector. $1500 for diagnostics, parts and labor. I’m going to reach out to GM to see if they’ll cover part of it based on the bulletin for states I don’t live in but I’m not expecting much.
Manifold R/R plus 1 injector is 3 hrs, diag is 1.5 hr. So you're already 4.5 hr invested at this point; would it make sense to pay them to replace all 8?

Manifold R/R plus 1 injector is 3 hrs, diag is 1.5 hr. So you're already 4.5 hr invested at this point; would it make sense to pay them to replace all 8?

I asked about that as that was my thought but opted against it. This thing might be getting traded in in the next few months if these kbb/NADA values are correct. I’m going to see what Carvana would give me for it.

Wait, $1,500 to replace one fuel injector? Just one?

I haven’t seen the bill yet but that’s including the diagnostics and 1 injector. The parts were just over $300 and the rest was labor, diagnosis and taxes.

Probably 1 bank? The injectors are about $100/ea and there is $200 in one-time use fuel pipes and gaskets.
The OE GM direct injectors are expensive (and usually on back order, so he’s lucky they even have them). Then I believe there is a cross over pipe that needs to be replaced in this job (not reusable).

Yup $1,500 is a lot for one injector, but nope, not for these things...welcome to direct injection (GM style). I traded my 2018 Silverado in at 50,000 miles because of random injector misfires and negative fuel trims. I don’t want to deal with stuff on a truck I babied and bought new. Flashing check engine lights, misfires, drive ability problems. Not thanks.

Back