2017 VOLKSWAGEN POLO 1.2 TSI DSG oil change

Hi guys, when I have doubts about the maintenance of my family's cars you are always my reference point. 😁

My girlfriend has a VOLKSWAGEN POLO 2017 1.2 66KW 90CV TSI, the model I think is called 6R and the automatic transmission is a 7-speed DSG, I think it is called DQ200.

If I understand correctly this automatic transmission has dry clutches and therefore Volkswagen does not prescribe any maintenance.
It is my understanding that the transmission has two oils inside: one for the gears (like a normal manual transmission) and one for the mechatronics.

Currently the car has 65k km what do you think? is it necessary to replace the two oils? Do you recommend changing the oils? How often?

I assume that where there are gears and there is oil, this oil does not last forever....:ROFLMAO:

As always, thank you :)

La tua trasmissione contiene due liquidi, olio differenziale e olio dell cambio automatico. Secondo me, e' ora di cambiarli.

La tua trasmissione contiene due liquidi, olio differenziale e olio dell cambio automatico. Secondo me, e' ora di cambiarli.
That's right :) , there are two different oils, one for the mechanical gearbox (brown) and one for the mechatronics (green). How do I know what kind of oils I should use? I have not found specifics.. I go to the dealership and ask?:unsure:

Those DQ200 transmissions are tiny. The mechatronic unit uses a hydraulic fluid like a power steering fluid. I think the VW part number is G 004 000 M2. It's a Pentosin CHF 202 type of product and only takes about a liter.

The gearbox uses gear oil. VW G 055 512 A2 which is a 75W-80 GL4 product. I think it takes about 2 liters.

Yes, I'd change the oil every 100K - 125k Km. (did I write the correctly? Too many k's in there)

Thank you very much!! thanks for the product codes. so with 75k km do you think it's time to do the job?
(errata corrige, the kilometers are 75k)

In Europe the service interval for the DSG on a VW Polo is 40,000 miles. The oil level check for the some VW DSG's is a little odd so it's worth checking up on that before attempting to change the oil.

Don’t touch the mechatronic operating fluid. No need and you will most likely end up causing problems. The gear oil can be drained and refilled. Collect the drained oil and refill with the exact amount that you collect.

Drain plug is on the underside and you fill it through the breather hole where the selector cable attaches at the top/ back.

We have tools that make it easy to fill but I would advise measuring the breather tube and getting a suitable hose and funnel before starting the work.

Back