Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI engine oil

Hi everyone, my girlfriend just bought a 2017 Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI DSG (6R ABCJZC).

Could you help me understand what specification the engine oil must have. What oil would you use? Where do you look for specifications?

Thanks in advance

Owners manual
There should be a sticker under the hood.
There should be something printed on the filler cap.
This is only a guess. A VW 504.00/507.00 LL III 5W30

Come hanno detto gli altri, hai bisogno di un olio che conforma allo specificazione VW 504 00. Controlli il manuale uso e manutenzione per confermare.

Hi everyone, my girlfriend just bought a 2017 Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI DSG (6R ABCJZC).

Could you help me understand what specification the engine oil must have. What oil would you use? Where do you look for specifications?

Thanks in advance
Any oil that is approved for VW504.00/507.00

IMG_20210212_093815.jpg

The car now has 56k km. It will do a few kilometers a year. These two oils meet the specification. What do you think? Which would you use?

Thank you

The car now has 56k km. It will do a few kilometers a year. These two oils meet the specification. What do you think? Which would you use?

Thank you

Mobil1 ESP 5W30, Motul 5W30 X-Clean+, Shell Helix ECT 0W30 are best bets. I would go Mobil1 or Motul.

Thank you

Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 The other oil is geared more to fleet operations.
There is another Mobil offering that meets the VW 504.00/507.00 requirement.

IMO you cant go wrong with the Mobil 1 ESP, it is Mobil oil top shelf and as good as any. This is a case of them producing enough of it the price is lower than boutique oils but every bit as good, if they doubled the price people would be falling over themselves to get it.

A somewhat precise question. I noticed that there are currently two of Mobil 1 ESP 5w30.

This is also called Mobil 1 ESP 5w30 Forumula

Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W30 (151055)

And what looks like a substitute called Mobil 1 ESP 5w30

Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 (154296)

Does anyone know if there is a real difference?
On photos there is no difference.
what could happen is that vendor had old M1 ESP Formula 5W30 and it never updated to new designation, although new one doesn’t have “Formula” in name.

On photos there is no difference.
what could happen is that vendor had old M1 ESP Formula 5W30 and it never updated to new designation, although new one doesn’t have “Formula” in name.
The marketing folk were giving it there all when they came up with the tag line on the ESP 5w-30 bottle huh

"maintains fuel economy"

what a pathetic thing to get signed off on the bottle

"hi, we've given up on our products"

Back