2017 Honda Accord Sport Under Valve Cover

Because all the new Hondas are filled with nitrogen
Maybe your particular dealer...
The only thing I really noticed differently about the nitrogen is if you keep cars for a really long period of time that in real humid areas you might have a tendency to have more rust.
That makes zero sense. Normal air is already 78% nitrogen. If you having 90%+ nitrogen purity, the fill should have little to no moisture.
I didn't sit around and question it though.
There isn't anything wrong with practicing critical thinking. In fact, it is smart to do so.

Last edited:
No not the way she operates the vehicle. She has the tendency to get in the car and let it idle for 30 or 45 minutes with the air conditioning on talking to a physician's assistant or a pharmacist and she will smoke four or five cigarettes and not even bat an eye while she's on her computer. That's why I've done everything the way I've done it.
That's a lot of idling. So does she drive a lot for her job then. I really wish the accord would list engine hours. Would probably be over 5000.

That's a lot of idling. So does she drive a lot for her job then. I really wish the accord would list engine hours. Would probably be over 5000.
Yeah the other Accord only has a single exhaust it doesn't have any of the safety features like the lane crossing or the camera to detect stuff or any of that stuff. I just drive about 25 or 30 miles back and forth.

Rev, just keep it going! At this rate you might see 500k in a few years.
That's funny that you say that because I'm about ready to take a picture of the other Accord which is a complete pigsty. I tried to clean it out once and I got that look like well it just wasn't good so I just leave it alone minus just going to take it to the car wash. Currently it's at 498,000 mi.

7 to 9,000 MI.
That's good. I'm going to guess that based on driving type, and my experience with it (MM), that was pretty much in line with 0-15% MM read out.

IMO, the valve train pics would have looked at as good and engine results the same without all the additives. That said, fwiw I commend you for the care and maintenance you've given the Honda. Based on the pics, the results have been worth it.

200,000 !!!

Attachments

• 20220921_160733.jpg
    20220921_160733.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: hrv
Looks really good. Like another poster said, I would love to be able to rack up the miles too.

I bought my 17 Accord Sport SE in July 2019, had just over 29K miles on it. I currently have around 65K miles. At my rate I will be in a nursing home before I get 200K miles.

Does yours use any oil? Mine uses maybe a quart in 5000 miles. I used 5W20 at first then after a UOA with the fuel dilution, and a few recommendations from members on here, I went to 5W30. Currently have M1 0W40 in it, after 3500 miles it is just a little below the full mark. I’ve put new pads and rotors, drained/refilled coolant, new battery, 3 cvt fluid changes.

I know in previous discussions we had you switched to redline cvt fluid. Still running that? I’m sticking with asmoil cvt fluid for the long haul

Looks really good. Like another poster said, I would love to be able to rack up the miles too.

I bought my 17 Accord Sport SE in July 2019, had just over 29K miles on it. I currently have around 65K miles. At my rate I will be in a nursing home before I get 200K miles.

Does yours use any oil? Mine uses maybe a quart in 5000 miles. I used 5W20 at first then after a UOA with the fuel dilution, and a few recommendations from members on here, I went to 5W30. Currently have M1 0W40 in it, after 3500 miles it is just a little below the full mark. I’ve put new pads and rotors, drained/refilled coolant, new battery, 3 cvt fluid changes.

I know in previous discussions we had you switched to redline cvt fluid. Still running that? I’m sticking with asmoil cvt fluid for the long haul
Well, if you get into a nursing home in assisted living I might see you there. If you catch sepsis then my other half might be there doing your IV.

I go through a qt in 7-10k but only using 30wt although I used Redline 5w30 once and it probably closer to a 40. If she leaves the cruise on a low 80's MPH and we hit a incline on the interstate it will rev to 4-5k. I've tried to explain to try to foresee those and turn off cruise control but it makes for a discussion I don't want to have. I try to check them both once a week. It's my recommended opinion that 0w30 or 5w30 is the way to go.

Back