2017 Camry le whine!?!

Hello all....I posted this question in ToyotaNation but got little feedback.
I recently picked up a 2017 Toyota Camry le 2.5 auto with 22k miles from the passing of a family member. The Camry was serviced from day one by Toyota.
I detect a little whine in the transmission while it goes through the gears until it gets covered up by normal road noise.....shifting is fine ,no slipping or hesitation . My 2005 Camry was super quiet, but that was a different animal.
SOOooo my question is this normal for a 2017 Camry.....any other Camry owner's noticed this slight whine?
The car is super quiet otherwise and maybe this is why I'm detecting it....maybe it's just me nit picking?
Normal or no? Just trying to head off a problem if there is one.
Thanks for any insight/ info. BOB

I have a 2012 Camry 2.5 auto LE with 87k and have noticed the same thing. I think it may be the alternator but not 100% on that. About every two weeks I put a 3 amp battery maintainer on it. I had the dealer do a transmission fluid service where they exchange all fluid out with new atf. Didn’t notice any difference with that whirring noise. Picked this car up 6 mos. ago from a family member. Coming from an 05 Matrix this thing is super quiet so I can’t complain about anything really.

We have a 2015 2.5 SE 6sp automatic with about 31K miles on it. There is no whine from ours at all from what I recall. Always has been super quiet minus the timing chain tensioner rattle on cold starts.

I believe the 8 speed is the tranny built by Aisin…
Reason I mentioned it, is that I was on a Lexus RX 350 forum a few months ago and there were some folks complaining about a noise related to the tranny/exhaust system…it was the 8-speed, but believe the noise was due to a “harmonic” vibration from the exhaust pipes?

Toyota had a similar issue with 2009-2012 Rav4s with the 5 speed. Same with Scion 4 speeds. My scion would whine fairly loud through the first 3 gears but was never an issue. But a number of people did have to replace them. I can't remember or find what it was. Before getting stressed over the transmission, check the alternator.

You can rule out the alternator by taking the serpentine belt off and running the engine for a short time to see if the noise disappears. If you don't want to touch the belt you can always use a mechanics stethoscope or a long screwdriver held close to your ear to isolate the noise.

My wife's 11 Camry had the tranny whine from new to 95k. It never gave us any issues and two drain and fills didn't mitigate the noise. It's the nature of the beast I guess.

Not sure this applies to the 2.5, but it seems on the v6 in the transmission, U660E, the housing for the bearing that holds the planetary gear can expand slightly especially when it gets up to operational temperatures, the bearing can spin and may be heard,

Explains here about 14:30;

2:15 to 4:15 here it's explained;

And about 19:30 here,

Back