2017 BMW 330i - Mineral Gray

Originally Posted by loneryder
Question about P 21S auto wash. Does it remove waxes/polishes etc from the painted surfaces??

Yeah it's powerful but won't harm the clear.

Originally Posted by gofast182
Originally Posted by loneryder
Question about P 21S auto wash. Does it remove waxes/polishes etc from the painted surfaces??

Yeah it's powerful but won't harm the clear.

That P21S wash is great stuff. It can be diluted down as well.

Great job on that mineral Gray gofast

Thanks for the thoughtful post and such brilliance in the end result. - Superb looking results !!

I'm going to start looking into these steps and products as a tutorial for keeping up with my two cars.

There was a guy in NJ I think a few years ago doing this work and posting the pics and products etc...
Infiniti 6MT forums.

Looks good, but did you wipe any section with prep-all or a strong degreaser to check for pad marring? Essence contains some very durable fillers and MF pads tend to leave micro-marring. When the Essence wears off, you may see micro-marring, but obviously this depends on the paint hardness.

For these types of jobs, I try to use a traditional AIO such as Rupes Uno Protect or D166.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Looks good, but did you wipe any section with prep-all or a strong degreaser to check for pad marring? Essence contains some very durable fillers and MF pads tend to leave micro-marring. When the Essence wears off, you may see micro-marring, but obviously this depends on the paint hardness.

For these types of jobs, I try to use a traditional AIO such as Rupes Uno Protect or D166.

To be fair, I guess it is a metallic paint and the average person is unlikely to notice any light micro-marring. It would be fairly difficult to spot except under the ideal lighting conditions.

Do you have a preference between these two? Or does one work better at correction?

Like I said, I had this stuff kicking around and I wanted to get more experience with Essence. I did not check for micro-marring though I did consider that Essence's filling properties were a factor in the result. For my goal with this car and the time involved I was OK with it.

Nice!
thumbsup2.gif

Those German brake pads sure make a mess. Buy some P&S Brake Buster for the wheels.

[Linked Image from psdetailproducts.com]

Like I said, I had this stuff kicking around and I wanted to get more experience with Essence. I did not check for micro-marring though I did consider that Essence's filling properties were a factor in the result. For my goal with this car and the time involved I was OK with it.

That's understandable. For the average driver the end result is excellent. Good work.

Amazing job! I am continually amazed at how someone who can make that kind of an investment with that level of an automobile, cares for it so haphazardly.

Given the leaves that were littered on the cowl, before your cleaning, this car must never see a garage.

Thanks for posting all the great pics.

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Good job. like you i have done a few detailings for folks for free. its kinda fun to take a dirty car and make it shine.Also a good way to practice technique and products. i do it as a hobby , but if my hobby was to become a job i might not enjoy it as much.

Originally Posted by Wrenchturner44
Amazing job! I am continually amazed at how someone who can make that kind of an investment with that level of an automobile, cares for it so haphazardly.

Given the leaves that were littered on the cowl, before your cleaning, this car must never see a garage.

When I worked at BMW some of the lease returns looked like goats had lived in them. The closest thing I have to a beater is my Clubman and I would never let it look as shabby as this car did before the detail.

Originally Posted by Wrenchturner44

When I worked at BMW some of the lease returns looked like goats had lived in them. The closest thing I have to a beater is my Clubman and I would never let it look as shabby as this car did before the detail.

Back