Durability Test - Reload 2014 and Bulletproof

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to start a small sealant and coating durability test on my friend's shop loaner car.

This car is parked outside 24/7 and gets washed about once a month. Earlier this year, it received a 2-step paint correction using Menzerna FG400 and CarPro Reflect.

The roof, fenders, hood and trunklid were coated using C.A.R. Products Bullet Proof paint coating. The prep process included a light polish with CarPro Reflect/Rupes yellow pad, followed by an Eraser wipedown. The car was coated on 8-25-14.

The rest of the painted areas received an application of the new 2014 edition of CarPro Reload. On those areas, Reload was applied after a normal wash. There was no LSP on those areas at all, so Reload IS going on bare paint. (Note: the entire car was clayed when the coating was applied.)

I will update periodically with my findings. My goal here, is to test the advertised durability of both products.

Untitled by thecritic89

Last edited:
Im not sure if its a valid test because all the horizontal surfaces have the same product. IME horizontal surfaces lose protection sooner than vertical ones.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Im not sure if its a valid test because all the horizontal surfaces have the same product. IME horizontal surfaces lose protection sooner than vertical ones.

Good point. How about using the product on half the hood, roof, and trunk? Or doing the roof and trunk with two different products so no one can say the heat from the engine had an effect on the results?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Of course they do.

But this is the best I can do - I obviously wanted the maximum protection for the areas that see the most sun exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back