2017 BMW 330i - Mineral Gray

Today I detailed the car of a friend from work. Every day when I would walk by it in the parking lot (before we were made to work from home) I would notice the buildup of swirls and micro scratches on the hood and dirty wheels. It couldn't be saved with anything but a deep clean and paint correction. With my arsenal of products full from doing my M340i and with a lot of time on my hands, I had him drop the car off today. I didn't go too crazy because I wanted to get done in one day but I was able to give it a good cleaning, decon, and do a one-step correction with CarPro Essence topped with Reload. Non-traditional LSP with Reload, I know, but it came in my CQ UK 3.0 kit, I used Gliss instead so it was kicking around, and I figured it would boost Essence which I wanted to get more experience with. My main goal was to eliminate most of the micro scratches and swirls and while it's far from perfect, I accomplished almost exactly what I set out to do. MAIN STEPS AND PRODUCTS USED: (I won't list everything like the other thread, just the key items) Clean engine bay ---P21s Total Auto Wash ---Adams In & Out Spray Clean wheels ---Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner ---Tuff Shine Tire Cleaner Clean jambs ---P21s Total Auto Wash Foam bath ---Meg's D111 mixed with CarPro Multi-X Contact wash ---Meg's D111 Iron decon. ---CarPro Iron-X Clay ---Pinnacle Poly Clay Correction/Polish (1 step) ---CarPro Essence ---UroFiber Pad (two thumbs up) LSP ---CarPro Reload PHOTOS: (I'll sequence the before and afters where appropriate) MICRO SCRATCHES. It was hard to get a shot that really showed the level of scratching with the angle of the sun but it was much worse than shown here. I confirmed the entire car, wheels included, was being washed with one mitt. [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] ENGINE BAY BEFORE AND AFTER (glass not done in these pics) [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] TRUNK JAMB BEFORE AND AFTER (glass not done in these pics) [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] WHEELS BEFORE AND AFTER. I'd say this is my one disappointment. There was some staining I could not get off, at least not without wheel removal and that was not in the cards for today. [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] FOAM BATH! [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] DETAILING IS IN THE DETAILS... [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] IRON DECON. [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] CLAY. One of the telling things on how many bonded contaminants there were is normally I only expect to see dirt on the leading edge of the clay, here the trailing edge is also picking up dirt. [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] SCRATCH ON FRONT BUMPER (again I didn't go crazy) [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] B-PILLAR TRIM BEFORE AND AFTER [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] OXIDATION ON METAL DOOR TRIM BEFORE AND AFTER [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] FINAL SHOTS! [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49762943857_3caa623766_h.jpg[/img]

pbm

Nice job....How much did you charge your friend for all that effort? PS: Is that an Airedale?

gofast182

Originally Posted by pbm
Nice job....How much did you charge your friend for all that effort? PS: Is that an Airedale?
I didn't charge him anything. I wanted the practice and I was looking for something to do, esp. since our jerk governor shut down all parks. He did bring a bottle of wine when he came to pick the car up and seemed impressed with the work so that's good enough in this case. Yes that's Max, a 3 year old Airedale in need of a haircut!

Last edited:

gofast182

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
Did he help you at least?
Nope, didn't want him to. Just wanted to get in the zone and do my thing.

Question about P 21S auto wash. Does it remove waxes/polishes etc from the painted surfaces??