2016 Ford Escape - 1.6 DI Turbo Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like it's the same engine as my Fiesta ST. Castrol Magnatec has seemed to be an emerging favorite on here. I will post a UOA after 5,000 miles.

Quote:
Stick with motorcraft oil and filters.

+1
Castrol Magnatec as a second choice.
Both worked great in my 14 Focus ST

Originally Posted By: Matt_V
Sounds like it's the same engine as my Fiesta ST. Castrol Magnatec has seemed to be an emerging favorite on here. I will post a UOA after 5,000 miles.

Is there more than just 1 (engine) ecoboost on Magnatec with UOA's on the board?

I see a lot of people recommending but can only seem to find 1 users UOA's

(not calling you out, asking for real)

Originally Posted By: Matt_V
Not that I know of, which is why I'll post a UOA soon.

Ok Thanks

I have 3 ecoboost's to take care of now. 2.0. 2.3 and 3.5
smile.gif

I also have a 2016 Escape but I went for the (base) 2.5 rather than either of the turbos. The 1.6 has a timing belt so I ruled that out and the 2.0 is expensive. The 2.5 (MZR) is a proven, reliable engine and there is virtually no difference in MPG so I didn't see the point of going for a turbo.....plus the fact that my Cruze turbo left a bad taste in my mouth.....

Originally Posted By: pbm
I also have a 2016 Escape but I went for the (base) 2.5 rather than either of the turbos. The 1.6 has a timing belt so I ruled that out and the 2.0 is expensive. The 2.5 (MZR) is a proven, reliable engine and there is virtually no difference in MPG so I didn't see the point of going for a turbo.....plus the fact that my Cruze turbo left a bad taste in my mouth.....

Every car we looked at I asked if it had a belt or a chain and when we looked at the Ford I forgot. Found out after we got it home it had a 150,000 belt that actually runs through the oil pan for lubrication. I figure by the time we have that many miles in New England the body rot will be up to the windows anyhow!

The 1.6 GTDI is a amazing engine that has a lot of low end torque for its size. The fuel mileage could be better and you really have to try and keep "out" of the turbo to keep the MPG's up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back