2017 Ford 2.0L Turbo Oil

Ford replaced my wife’s 2.0L turbo engine with a new motor due to a coolant leak. Looking for recommendations as to what you guys think is the best off the shelf oil for a direct injection turbo motor. Thanks in advance

I've settled on a mid-range synthetic (Havoline Lifelong) in 5W30 at 5000 mile intervals, for my 2.3 Ecoboost.

I assume they replaced the motor for a leaking head gasket? Hopefully, she got the revised block.

Yes sir
Leaking coolant in #2 cylinder
Suppose to be the revised updated engine
So we’ll see down the road. Havoline seems to be a good go to oil on this forum. Thanks for your comment 👍

Lincoln MKC
I own a 2016 fusion with the 2.0 ecoboost. I've been keeping an eye on the coolant level, hoping for the best. The oil has always had a strong gas smell to it and soot on the exhaust pipes. I've decided to do short oil change intervals (4,000 miles or so) using less expensive oil.

I hope you never have a problem especially if your out of warranty because Ford will let you pay the bill. I was lucky and had warranty left to cover the cost, but it happen very sudden no warning. Car always ran perfect, but one day it overheated and it was history

I settled on Mobil1 EP for my Focus ST. Good sulfated ash numbers for D. I., or so I read here.
I’ve used a lot of different oils thru the years to be honest and don’t think I’ve ever had a bad oil
Never had an oil related problem of any kind.
I’m just looking to see if there’s a better oil for turbos nowadays vs old school oils

Most oils are GF-6A and SP rated now both synthetic and "non" synthetic, even the cheapest oils. I finally just decided to use one of the cheaper oils that meets the latest specs and change often.

Most oils are GF-6A and SP rated now both synthetic and "non" synthetic, even the cheapest oils. I finally just decided to use one of the cheaper oils that meets the latest specs and change often.
I know years ago Honda spec’d out HTO-06 for their turbo motor back then.
You’ll still see a few oils post that on their approval ratings Like Castrol Edge still has it and some Mobil 1 oils do as well.
Does that spec mean anything any more ???

Mobile 1, ESP is a great oil, and I think the low SAPS helps the vale deposits in a direct injection engine. I have run it in my 2.0 turbo Buick since new, and the results are great. It is not cheap, but as in most things in life, you get what you pay for. If you stock up when it goes on sale, it helps.

Mobile 1, ESP is a great oil, and I think the low SAPS helps the vale deposits in a direct injection engine. I have run it in my 2.0 turbo Buick since new, and the results are great. It is not cheap, but as in most things in life, you get what you pay for. If you stock up when it goes on sale, it helps.
I plan to use Mobil 1 ESP or EP on my 2022 Accord 2.0 Turbo at the next change.

Back