2016 Civic Type R FK2 K20C1 - Honda Engine Type 2.0 0W20 - 2743 km Race track

Do you not think that 0W40 is Little Bit to much for a sae20 Engine? 504/507 will be the best specifiction Right?

What do you generally think about 0W20 oils with a high dose of molybdenum? Is this positive or does molybdenum also cause more deposits? Wear protection itself should actually improve. What is your opinion on this?

I have decided. For the rest of the lifetime of the type r, I will use the mobil 1 esp 5W30. Ordered it today, 5 litres cost 40€.

I have decided. For the rest of the lifetime of the type r, I will use the mobil 1 esp 5W30. Ordered it today, 5 litres cost 40€.
How is it working for you? I also have a Type R (FK8) that is primarily a daily driver that will see the track, but only twice a year. Just a couple lapping days, nothing too serious. Currently running QSFS 0W-20 with an A02 filter and one FilterMag. Thinking about stepping up to a 5W-30. QSFS, M1 EP, and M1 ESP are all on my short list. Not really sure which to pick. They're all affordable and available enough for me. I may run a side-mount oil cooler in the future, for peace of mind. I'm in the SE US and temps rarely ever get down below 20F in the winter. I will also tune to the car for more power soon from about 300whp/300wtq to around 370whp/370wtq, but still on the stock turbo, just other bolt-ons (intake and intercooler).

Hello @All. This season I have used Mobil ESP X3 0W40 with the API SN PLUS Specification. Now in Germany we can buy Mobil 1 FS 0W40 with API SP Specification. I don't know if I should change from ESP to FS Mobil 1. I have done an oil analysis from the ESP, if it is interesting let me know, then I will post it here.

Hello @All. This season I have used Mobil ESP X3 0W40 with the API SN PLUS Specification. Now in Germany we can buy Mobil 1 FS 0W40 with API SP Specification. I don't know if I should change from ESP to FS Mobil 1. I have done an oil analysis from the ESP, if it is interesting let me know, then I will post it here.
I'm considering switching from Quaker State Full Synthetic 0W20 to Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 on my FK8 Type R. Curious to see your ESP results.

I think the SAE40 should be more than sufficient. However, I am considering switching to fullsaps. For the winter months, it would be better to possibly use SAE20 or SAE30, whether it brings advantages in practice, you don't know. Here in Germany there is already a K20C1 engine that have over 200000 kilometres of mileage, with change intervals of 20000 kilometres and the series oil 0W20.

Back