2015 Tacoma 4.0L 1GR-FE Amsoil SS 0w-30 31.6k mi OCI

Does your friend want to save money or time? Might as well abuse the engine with a cheaper good (Extended) oil. Usually people who use fancier oils are even more meticulous! Time to lecture your friend. :ROFLMAO:

The engine will be happier with a much cheaper oil and a much shorter OCI.
My Tacoma iirc says use engine oil and it's not picky.

btw, even Amsoil page says:

Severe condition:
which I'm sure most cars fall under: 700 hrs, 1 yr, 15K miles. Whichever comes first.

I would pay attention to 700 hrs.

Normal condition:
700 hrs, 1 yr, 25K miles. Whichever comes first.

I would pay attention to 700 hrs.

Oil Filter:
I don't trust any over 12K mikes.

Oil:
I can't sleep if over 8000 miles even with "Extended" oil. :)
This is 99% highway. But I hear what you’re saying

Attachments

• 645F2F5F-33E6-4FF9-9B4D-3E0C676E3A53.jpeg
    645F2F5F-33E6-4FF9-9B4D-3E0C676E3A53.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 46
as the owner of a 2013 tacoma that has 119,000 miles....thats just abuse

i go 10,000 mi on mobil 1 0w30 advanced fuel economy

thats just a lot of miles to ask out of any oil...even on the hiway

There was a guy here that had a Tacoma with 400,000 on it and he did something like 20,000 mile changes maybe more an i think he did not change the filter everytime, Might find him over at Tacoma World ... its probably got half a million on it by now...

I’d be interested to see what Blackstone’s notes were on the 25k OCI On the previous oil change.
He also did 25k miles on the previous OCI to that one, too, not 15k miles, as written down (100k-74k does not equal 15k miles). So 7.5k, 25k, 25k, then 31k mile OCIs. He puts alot miles on in a short time period, but still... that engine is getting no love.

He also did 25k miles on the previous OCI to that one, too, not 15k miles, as written down (100k-74k does not equal 15k miles). So 7.5k, 25k, 25k, then 31k mile OCIs. He puts alot miles on in a short time period, but still... that engine is getting no love.
We actually forgot to sample one between those. We went 7.5,10,15,25,31

Attachments

• 504E8CD8-7269-4D51-B646-F82D80F95C99.jpg
    504E8CD8-7269-4D51-B646-F82D80F95C99.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 10
I would ask my friend what's the objective here? saving money or time?
Let's assume money because I'm sure he/she has time to watch TV.

Given that assumption:
  1. Many good oils $5/qt and under.
  2. Drop UOA. Also saves time.
  3. Shorten OCI.
  4. Optional: Change oil filter every other time.
This will result in saving money and happier engine which translates into more savings down the road.

Another assumption or issue:
Since you are changing the oil for him/her, you will have to watch less TV. :ROFLMAO:

If trying to save the environment, I would consider that outside the parameters of this thread. :alien:

I don't have issues with people who use fancy oil and short(er) or reasonable oci and uoa ... They have other objectives. but using a fancy oil, uoa and very long (abuse level) oci doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I've been brainwashed with short oci and someday will get over it. :)

I would ask my friend what's the objective here? saving money or time?
Let's assume money because I'm sure he/she has time to watch TV.

Given that assumption:
  1. Many good oils $5/qt and under.
  2. Drop UOA. Also saves time.
  3. Shorten OCI.
  4. Optional: Change oil filter every other time.
This will result in saving money and happier engine which translates into more savings down the road.

Another assumption or issue:
Since you are changing the oil for him/her, you will have to watch less TV. :ROFLMAO:

If trying to save the environment, I would consider that outside the parameters of this thread. :alien:

I don't have issues with people who use fancy oil and short(er) or reasonable oci and uoa ... They have other objectives. but using a fancy oil, uoa and very long (abuse level) oci doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I've been brainwashed with short oci and someday will get over it. :)
25k went really well… he wanted to go more. It was an experiment. It’s his call, he was driving 40k per year and just wanted to stop going to the quick lube place so often. After seeing this we’re going annual, whatever the mileage may be. He is no longer putting 40k on and I expect it to be around 20 by next summer. Blackstone suggested 26, he said what’s another 5k. Guess we have our answer

funny how that taco will prob hit 500,000 even with all the abuse of 30,000 oci, or the engine blows up and he blames amsoil.

So.........he was running two quarts low?

And he went to 30K miles........NO ONE told him this would be OK.

Lack of maintenance is on the owner. The oil did fine to 25K miles and even that is beyond (time) per Amsoil's hard recommendation.

Please with the "try a different oil" comments. Not a thread for this. This is about a guy, maybe not a very bright guy.

So.........he was running two quarts low?

And he went to 30K miles........NO ONE told him this would be OK.

Lack of maintenance is on the owner. The oil did fine to 25K miles and even that is beyond (time) per Amsoil's hard recommendation.

Please with the "try a different oil" comments. Not a thread for this. This is about a guy, maybe not a very bright guy.
Probably hard to remember on a forum like this, but just the average car owner. Even better because he wants a UOA. We went 25 without burning a single drop. Not crazy to think 31 wouldn’t be missing any either.

Back