2015 Ram Engine Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have the 2015 Ram 1500 with 5.7 L Hemi and i used till now the PP Pennzoil Platinum 5w-20 engine oil with Mopar filter and i am seeing lot of mixed info about people moving to PUP Pennzoil Ultra Platium 5w-20 . I am due for other oil change in few weeks and wanted to know if i should move to PUP or stick to PP? I am in Central California weather.

Thanks,

Either is fine and more than enough for the application assuming you are going by the OLM. I prefer the FRAM Ultra filter due to its superior efficiency but the Mopar filter is just fine.

You will "never" know the difference between either oil. One is very easy to find at Wal Mart and the other is not so easy to find -- being the PUP not being found.

@BAJA_05
Thanks for that info. Looks that Amazon has it for around $15 for 5qts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Either is fine and more than enough for the application assuming you are going by the OLM. I prefer the FRAM Ultra filter due to its superior efficiency but the Mopar filter is just fine.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

+1.

I'm using PU because it's easy to get at Canadian Tire and it was on sale during Black Friday. I've use PP previously.

Easy to get here.
smile.gif

7CC4CAFE-6E0B-4779-8864-F3A95F247DB7.jpeg

Last edited:
I use both as well without any concern whatsoever. If your OLM is anything like mine, it takes forever to wind down to zero.
I'm at the point now where I do 1 oil/filter change a year and the OLM still isn't at zero. I believe I currently have around 8,000 kms+ on my last OC and I am still at 60%.
I use a Fram Tough Guard, TG2, as I like the larger size. All depends on the type of service/abuse you put your Ram through?

I have the same truck and have used PP 5w-20 without issue. I even have two UOA's posted here showing how well it does. My OCIs have been around 6k with both analysis' showing I could go longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back