2015 Nissan Juke SL (AWD), Mobil 1 EP 0w-20, 4,184 miles

04/19/2021 45,605 miles to 09/14/2021 49,789 = 148 days, 4,184 miles

Mobil 1 EP 0w-20 + Nissan OEM Oil filter + 3" Super Magnet attached to outside of oil filter

Driving habits have changed to 80% HWY, 20% CITY since work at home ceased back in April 2021. I continue to "ADD" MMO to every fuel tank on this interval and tried to keep my idling to a minimum.

My last three UOA:

** First oil change done on 04/06/19 at 35,570 miles with PENNZOIL ULTRA PLATINUM 0w-20 with Fram Ultra oil filter **

2nd UOA ** OIL SAMPLE SENT ** Winter, 10/05/2019 - 03/14/2020 (161 days - 5 months, 9 days), Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w-30 SN+

Third UOA

Attachments

• 15 JUKE-210823.pdf
    50.8 KB · Views: 205
I wonder how much the magnet helped the iron levels. They went down a lot! Did you have the magent on the filter for the other UOAs?

I wonder how much the magnet helped the iron levels. They went down a lot! Did you have the magent on the filter for the other UOAs?
Yes, installed it after the first oil change. So the 2, 3 and most recent all had the magnet. I am sure it was just the highway driving that led to low iron.

Does this turd have a preset change interval? Seems kinda short, like you’re under Severe Duty service.

I’d expect the tiny eco engine to also be economic in the service department. It suck to see it needing such frequent oil changes. 😒🤨

Looks like 5k miles should be a nice interval though, based on Blackstone’s TBN rating system. Run it LONGER, especially with the easy highway miles.

No preset interval. Still under extended warranty so wanted to keep mileage under 5K an oil change. Being Turbo charged, I have read turbos chew through oils too. Not many Juke UOA samples so I'm doing my part to provide any useful data.

ah yes… the ol’ turbo argument. 😒

If it’s so high sprung and hard on the lubricating system (and probably the rest of the engine components) then it’s a horrible design, in my opinion and not economical AT ALL.

It defeats the purpose of having a tiny car with a tiny engine if it requires way more service to keep it all together.

This is why I’m staying with naturally aspirated engine as long as possible. Simple. Reliable and efficient in all aspects of ownership. 🤷🏻‍♂️

ah yes… the ol’ turbo argument. 😒

If it’s so high sprung and hard on the lubricating system (and probably the rest of the engine components) then it’s a horrible design, in my opinion and not economical AT ALL.

It defeats the purpose of having a tiny car with a tiny engine if it requires way more service to keep it all together.

This is why I’m staying with naturally aspirated engine as long as possible. Simple. Reliable and efficient in all aspects of ownership. 🤷🏻‍♂️
hqdefault.jpg

I'm curious how my TBN is only 2.2 when this oil is rated to go 20,000 miles?
20k miles or 1 year is the full disclosure. That comes out to 1667 mi/month. You're pace so far is about 1000 mi/month. You'd only drive a little over 12k miles in a year. Also keep in mind, TBN does not deplete linearly, so it's possible you could take it 10-12k before it dipped below 1.0. Still, if it was my car, I'd stick with 6k max until I got a UOA/TBN result that made me feel comfortable about pushing it (or not).

Back