2014 Toyota GT86, Mobil 1 super 3000 XE-1 5W-30, 1396 miles Plus 2 track days

My first ever oil analysis for any car ever :) Hopefully not my last. Just wanted to share and get people's opinion on if I should keep using this oil ? Would it be safe to push it both in miles and amount of track days. Anything I should worry about when it comes to the wear metals ?

Thanks!

Link to the oil used

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 4.03.17 PM.jpg

Your iron is about x4 higher than average according to this BS report. With track days it's a bit harder, for me, to tell good or bad. I will say the oil can handle the current iron level no problem so it's not yet time to change it IMO.

It may not meet Toyota spec if they have one for your vehicle but that doesn't mean this oil won't protect just as well. I wouldn't be afraid to double up your mileage to 2,792 using another oil analysis as a guide. I don't see anything off hand about this oil not doing a good job as long as the variables are consistent with track days. If everyday is track day then we'll need to reassess the situation.

Do you plan on running more UOA on this Toyota?

Your iron is about x4 higher than average according to this BS report. With track days it's a bit harder, for me, to tell good or bad. I will say the oil can handle the current iron level no problem so it's not yet time to change it IMO.

It may not meet Toyota spec if they have one for your vehicle but that doesn't mean this oil won't protect just as well. I wouldn't be afraid to double up your mileage to 2,792 using another oil analysis as a guide. I don't see anything off hand about this oil not doing a good job as long as the variables are consistent with track days. If everyday is track day then we'll need to reassess the situation.

Do you plan on running more UOA on this Toyota?
Thanks for that it was very helpful. I have 1 more track day planned then a longish trip which will include another track day... After that I am hoping to get another UOA.

I agree with @fantastic and will add you can push this oil at least 3000 miles before changing it. It's got great approvals according to the PDS, and I'd bet without tracking it, it'd be good for a minimum of 5000 miles. The 4x iron wear is a little concerning, but only insomuch as I'd keep the oil change interval at 3k before sampling again. With 36k on the car, it should be fully broken in. It would be interesting to see what the oil analysis looks like on your car with 5000 miles and zero tracking. That would give you a good comparison for how much wear is due to the track time.

Back