2014 Odyssey Right Side Suspension Play?

Yep, that's what my focus was doing. I don't know if there's a reason to go with OEM since the original didn't go very far? I think a decent name brand one would go for at least as long.
You’d be lucky if most name brand aftermarket parts lasted longer than a few years.

With OE stuff lasting a lot longer than before, the aftermarket seems to be catering to 3rd owner cars that are ready for the junkyard.

You’d be lucky if most name brand aftermarket parts lasted longer than a few years.

With OE stuff lasting a lot longer than before, the aftermarket seems to be catering to 3rd owner cars that are ready for the junkyard.
Yeah you have a point, looking at my maintenance records, OEM stuff like ball joints does seem to go 100-120k miles, and then my replacements are going about half that. I just did the inner tie rod on the Focus and it wasn't as easy as it looks on the Odyssey, but even 50-60k miles will get the car to the scrap yard...

Pull downward on the inner tie rod close to the boot with your hand while someone shakes the wheel. If the play reduces or disappears the inner is bad.

That site’s availability information is rarely accurate.
But they won’t sell it with it showing unavailable.

looks like it can be ordered from BernardI, but they’re asking full retail.

Where to go then???

How’s mevotech supreme?

Last edited:
But they won’t sell it with it showing unavailable.

looks like it can be ordered from BernardI, but they’re asking full retail.

Where to go then???

How’s mevotech supreme?
That job is involved enough that I would just buy the dealer part, full retail or not.

Well aware.

Knock yourself out with a cheap part then. No way I would install on my family ride.
Well aware of what? You said it was involved. Im not so sure that it is.

Its not like the OE part lasted that long. The van has 94k on it. It has had some amount of clunk for probably the last 10k, maybe more. it just wasnt noticable enough to warrant much investigation.

If I get 50k on a part thats 1/4 the price, thats not so bad. That said, if its some Chinese garbage that will rust and not last the winter, not interested (BTW, the tie rod surfaces are surface rusted, but the van has been far better than my accord with respect to surface corrosion protection otherwise).

Or do you have some objective evidence that there is some safety-related issue with Delphi, Moog, or TRW?

Thanks.

Simple job, the cheap HF tool works fine on these. If I could not get SANKEI 555 then OE only, get a new OE boot and clamps.
The boot is probably a thermoplastic and okay but better replace then be sorry you didn't later. spray WD40 on the inner lip of the boot before pushing it on, they can be a bit difficult to get totally seated on the rack without.

Well aware.

Knock yourself out with a cheap part then. No way I would install on my family ride.
I've never had an aftermarket suspension or steering part fail in a sudden way. I just get them from local stores or rockauto who have some interest in not killing customers and they seem to all work fine. You could probably find some dangerous stuff off of Aliexpress so I don't go that far.

Well aware of what? You said it was involved. Im not so sure that it is.

Its not like the OE part lasted that long. The van has 94k on it. It has had some amount of clunk for probably the last 10k, maybe more. it just wasnt noticable enough to warrant much investigation.

If I get 50k on a part thats 1/4 the price, thats not so bad. That said, if its some Chinese garbage that will rust and not last the winter, not interested (BTW, the tie rod surfaces are surface rusted, but the van has been far better than my accord with respect to surface corrosion protection otherwise).

Or do you have some objective evidence that there is some safety-related issue with Delphi, Moog, or TRW?

Thanks.
Honda OEM parts have gone ridiculously expensive.
800 for 1 engine mount
500 for 1 cv shaft
And they don't last that long to warrant the price difference
WTH.......
This

Back