2014 F250 6.2L or Dodge 2500 6.4L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sw99
Just cant keep fooling myself that I truly need a diesel. Maybe 10-15 horse trailer pulls a year at around 8K for weight. Occasional hay loads here and there. Other than that, it will see regular truck use here and there. It will most likely see probably 5-6K a year for mileage. Most of what I need it for involves shorter trips that are not diesel friendly.

That was a consideration when my dad got his RV. The gasser V10 was so much less expensive than the diesel V8 that it outweighed any fuel economy savings

For gas powered HD? I think I would go with the 6.0 Vortec Silverado. Regional prices might vary, But I think a 2WD CCLB W/T is about $36K. Might be able to swing an LT after rebates and offers.

I haven't seen an LS HD in years.
21.gif
Not sure if they still make them.

Thanks everyone for the help and replies. I forgot to mention that it had to be 4wd as well.

After looking closer at these trucks (And the Chevy WT), I'm still coming in closer to 38-39k. I'm really contemplating putting money into my 6.0L and bulletproofing it. Even if I were to drop 9k into it, I'll still have less than 20k into it. At 134k now, I have a lot of life still in this.

Plus, I'm afraid that I will really miss the turbo diesel once it's gone.

Originally Posted By: sw99
Thanks everyone for the help and replies. I forgot to mention that it had to be 4wd as well.

After looking closer at these trucks (And the Chevy WT), I'm still coming in closer to 38-39k. I'm really contemplating putting money into my 6.0L and bulletproofing it. Even if I were to drop 9k into it, I'll still have less than 20k into it. At 134k now, I have a lot of life still in this.

Plus, I'm afraid that I will really miss the turbo diesel once it's gone.

Almost always less expensive to keep than to get new....and if you are at altitude, turbo is the way to go...if you're there you know a NA engine loses a bunch of power up high.

Originally Posted By: Kuato

Almost always less expensive to keep than to get new....and if you are at altitude, turbo is the way to go...if you're there you know a NA engine loses a bunch of power up high.

Yea, everything feels slow here and were only at 5k above sea level. I have pretty much decided to keep my truck for the time being. Thanks again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back