2014 Chevy Traverse timing chains

The 3.6 has had timing chain issues, I was just wondering if by the model 2014 the issues were resolved. Any other issues with the 2014 traverse?

As always, dirty or fuel diluted oil will significantly add to chain wear problems. As will insufficient viscosity. A chain lasts longest with a true 30 viscosity oil. The better manufacturers are now using micro coated chain pins to help reduce the wear rates associated with today's oils. I suggest choosing a quality synthetic oil of adequate viscosity and changing it at about half what the oil life monitor would typically indicate. Or about 5000 miles.

1687647834926.jpeg

‘12 GM 3.6 on the original chain with only dealership bulk and Valvoline Synblend. Sold in 2021 for reasons other than the engine.

Although the issue is technically resolved use a good euro oil with Porsche a40 and bmw-ll01 oil like castrol or quaker state euro if you want to own it for much longer. It helps with chain wear. Also change the trans fluid if you haven't.

I kept it topped off (it would lose 1 qt between changes starting around 80K) and changed the oil around 15-20% on the OLM. It wasn’t the most reliable vehicle ever but it good enough.
so many issues and luck has run out with the steering gear TSB--it was covered 10/150 but our car is 12.

Had an extended warranty and water pump went outside of it....cheap DIY and I told myself heck you learned how to do it, and it only cost $40 more as $100 deductible even with warranty (what else are we going to tell ourselves)

Back