2013 Sienna dealer put in wrong weight

I bought a 2013 Toyota Sienna back in May and it came with two "free" oil changes. The drive back to the dealership was a little far but I decided hey why not take them up on the "free" oil change. The van calls for a 0W20 but when I got home from the service yesterday I realized that the sticker said 5W30. The receipt also said 5W30. I've done a little research and it looks like the 2GR-FE engine has been speced for multiple weights over the years. It looks like the earlier years called for 5W30 and since 2011 they've called for 0W20. So I'm trying to decide if I should drain it and re-fill with the correct recommended 0W20 and sucumb to the idea that I totally just wasted my time and gas getting the free oil change or if I should just decide that the 5W30 is fine since the same engine called for that in older models. If I decide that I might as well decide to just go with 5W30 from now on. The 5w30 is way easier to get an accurate reading on the dip stick. Any thoughts, keep the 5W30 or switch it back to 0W20?

I would leave the 5w-30 in there. No wonder the oil change was free they are using a cheaper grade of oil. Skip on the next freebee and go back to 0w-20 when it's due.

The oil change wasn't free, you paid for it when you bought the vehicle.
The 5W30 isn't going to hurt a thing.
As you noted, the specifications have constantly changed. The 5W30 was probably the original.
Use this one up. Use the next one up.
After that, put in your preference.
It is a 2013, what warranty are you going to void?

It will run fine on both. At the dealership I work at we put what’s recommended in it usually for those I do the 0W-20 in the rare times I do an oil change.

It will be just fine on the 5w30 from a viscosity perspective. If it’s Toyota’s oil, then it’ll be fine for the 10,000 miles you’re leaving it in there, too.

Thanks everyone this is really helpful input. Just leaving the 5W30 in there was really what I was leaning toward. I'm really questioning if they actually changed the clearances in the engine between 2010 and 2011 or if they just finished whatever certification they do to that confirms that the 0W20 will work just fine when they released the 2011s.

Seeing some replies that in many other parts of the world this engine is still specked for 5W30 really makes me inclined to continue with that. It would be so much more convenient. The 5W30 is so much easier to read in the dip stick, and my 2001 prism uses 5W30. Standardizing on the exact same oil in both would be very convient since they both use odd amounts. With one using less than 5 quarts and the other more than 5 quarts it could work out rather nicely.

I bought a 2013 Toyota Sienna back in May and it came with two "free" oil changes. The drive back to the dealership was a little far but I decided hey why not take them up on the "free" oil change. The van calls for a 0W20 but when I got home from the service yesterday I realized that the sticker said 5W30. The receipt also said 5W30. I've done a little research and it looks like the 2GR-FE engine has been speced for multiple weights over the years. It looks like the earlier years called for 5W30 and since 2011 they've called for 0W20. So I'm trying to decide if I should drain it and re-fill with the correct recommended 0W20 and sucumb to the idea that I totally just wasted my time and gas getting the free oil change or if I should just decide that the 5W30 is fine since the same engine called for that in older models. If I decide that I might as well decide to just go with 5W30 from now on. The 5w30 is way easier to get an accurate reading on the dip stick. Any thoughts, keep the 5W30 or switch it back to 0W20?
Never heard of one grade of oil being easier to read on the dipstick. Chime in please,I may be wrong.

Back