2013 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3 V6 Blown up engine 109k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any updates?

I have the same vehicle and have the rattle at start up which is a little concerning.... Especially now.

Did you ever find out where the anti drain back valve is? Filter doesn't have one.....

I've also seen pictured showing the defective timing chain tensioner. The ratcheting teeth wear out so it doesn't keep tension on the chain when the oil pressure drops.

Was debating weather or not to do a UOA in the spring with the oil change. Now I've decided it's definately happening.

Sorry to hear about all the troubles you're having. Definately sucks and super frustrating. I'm hoping I have a better experience with ours. 128,000 kms on the clock right now....
I would dump it as fast as possible, BEFORE it fails.

Originally Posted by Exhaustgases
Any news on this one yet?

NOPE! Still @ the engine rebuild shop. Same lame excuse last week when I called.
"Can't get gaskets from dealer and the ones they ordered from California were supposed to ship on the 11th" I'm giving them another call in about 45 minutes to figure out what the heck is going on...

Their repair bay is occupied with my vehicle and I have their loaner (which they've asked repeatedly for me to return because other customers need loaners; at which point I replied ‘and this is my problem because...?').
They probably REALLY CAN'T get parts. It's not them, it's everywhere...the Ryder shop my company uses has had three trucks parked for at last a month because they need parts they simply cannot get. (I recall one actually does need some sort of gasket.)

They probably REALLY CAN'T get parts. It's not them, it's everywhere...the Ryder shop my company uses has had three trucks parked for at last a month because they need parts they simply cannot get. (I recall one actually does need some sort of gasket.)
This thread is over a year old and the OP has had the vehicle repaired since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back