2013 Honda Pilot tire recommendations please

2013 Honda Pilot w/ 63k miles, original owners.

Our first set of replacement tires were Falkens from Discount Tire. They aren't bad, but already wearing out after 30k miles.

Looking at the following tires from Discount Tire, with long life, low noise and good wet weather handling. Live in South Texas, so no ice or snow to deal with....

Michelin Defender 2

Goodyear Assurance Weatherready

Goodyear Assurance Maxlife

If anyone has any experience with these tires, or can recommend another option, please share your thoughts.

Thanks

If you like goodyear check out the goodyear reliant on walmart.com.

I have them on my wife's tuscon they are fine for this type of vehicle.

Wally beat Discount tire on price by quite a bit and i left with roadhazard.

The Weatherready probably won't last as long as the other two. Either the Defender or Maxlife should last a long time. Whether you're willing to spend the extra $100 on the Defenders is the biggest decision to make :unsure:

The Michelin Defender 2 are a newer tire. They seem promising since they offer some of the technology from the CrossClimate 2. They should be a good pairing since those Pilots came with Michelins.

2013 Honda Pilot w/ 63k miles, original owners.

Our first set of replacement tires were Falkens from Discount Tire. They aren't bad, but already wearing out after 30k miles.

Looking at the following tires from Discount Tire, with long life, low noise and good wet weather handling. Live in South Texas, so no ice or snow to deal with....

Michelin Defender 2

Goodyear Assurance Weatherready

Goodyear Assurance Maxlife

If anyone has any experience with these tires, or can recommend another option, please share your thoughts.

Thanks
First, check with DT re a proration of warranty life vs. actual life. EX. Warranty 60,000, actual life 30,000. You are due 50% off the price of a new set of Falken tires. Hope this helps.

I slapped BF Goodrich Advantage T/A on Pilot. Good tires. But I do not make too many miles with that car, so cannot say anything more. Car is mostly used by my in-laws when in town, or if I need more space.

First, check with DT re a proration of warranty life vs. actual life. EX. Warranty 60,000, actual life 30,000. You are due 50% off the price of a new set of Falken tires. Hope this helps.
Yeah I definitely need to check with DT about possibility of proration towards new set of Falken's.

Thanks!

Or any other brand at DT. They have always given me a prorate regardless of the brand I had on, or the brand I was buying.

Yeah I definitely need to check with DT about possibility of proration towards new set of Falken's.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Your welcome. They require that you have had the rotations done between 5 and about 8 thousand miles. I get my Michelins done about every 5,000 .

Back