2013 Ford Edge Limited.

My 2013 ford edge is showing misfire on cylinder 6. I swapped out coil 5 and 6 to see if it would move to cylinder 5 to eliminate coil issues. Well now the scanner shows misfire on cylinder 3. Now I'm stumped. Keep in mind it only does this if you mash the gas like to pass someone. Only under heavy acceleration. During heavy acceleration it will run rough and jerk a little. The engine light also flashes during this. Everything go back to completely normal in about 20 seconds after the heavy acceleration. I bought 1 new coil and 6 new plugs as the car has 150k miles on it now. I guess I'm just going to change all the plugs for starters and see if it goes away. Any ideas or past experiences with this?

are the plugs original? If yes, I bet that is your problem.

Our Flex with the 3.5L has around 120k miles and I've replaced a couple of coils because of misfires. Also recently had a fuel injector go bad, it had the exact same symptoms as a coil going bad.

I bought 1 new coil and 6 new plugs as the car has 150k miles on it now. I guess I'm just going to change all the plugs for starters and see if it goes away. Any ideas or past experiences with this?
Change ALL the coils. With 150k, they are bound to fail sooner than later and are already probably pretty weak. And only Motorcraft, not the $15 Chinese ones.

Change ALL the coils. With 150k, they are bound to fail sooner than later and are already probably pretty weak. And only Motorcraft, not the $15 Chinese ones.
I used a $20 Chinacoil from Rock Auto....It lasted about 8 months. Agreed, use a Motorcraft part.

Reactions: JC1
Plugs. If they 150k on them the gap will have opened up. Get some new ones in there. Some tuned eco-boost 3.5 liters open that gap every 20k miles and start misfiring.

Got the plugs changed. It runs like new again. Man at the power we been missing. The plugs were shot.

Back