Ford Modular coils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accel Super Coils are a popular replacement around here because they are the same price or cheaper than run of the mill aftermarket coils and are always cheaper than DG-508s. We keep all of them in stock at work...Motorcraft DG-508s, a couple aftermarket brands, and always a bunch of Accel Super Coils which are fast sellers. The Super Coils are supposedly more durable, so for the same price as BWD, Duralast, or whatever, they are worth a try. I think you need part # 140032.

This may sound silly at this point, but did you check the rubber boots really well? A bad bood, even with very small cracks/pinholes, can cause rough running. And a set of boots is a whole lot cheaper than new COPs. Just a thought, I assume you checked the boots, but just in case....
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1
Is the COP on the 5.4 the same as the COP on my Duratechs? Both engines have been trouble free.

The Duratec I-4 engines don't seem to be too bad on plugs.

The early Duratec V6s were harsh on their rear plugs - as were the SHO 3.4 V8.

I expect I'll end up filling a spark plug well or two and killing a coil at some point. I'm already filling one of them with oil.

Originally Posted By: MaxZX
This may sound silly at this point, but did you check the rubber boots really well? A bad bood, even with very small cracks/pinholes, can cause rough running. And a set of boots is a whole lot cheaper than new COPs. Just a thought, I assume you checked the boots, but just in case....
smile.gif

Yes, I checked and dielectric greased the boots thinking it might have just been arking but the issue persisted so I just replaced the coils and it runs perfectly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back