2012 jeep grand Cherokee srt8

Not sure why you bothered to write this - it is pointless. There is zero reason to "try" chemical remedies when there is a clear mechanical issue.
[Edit]

Never mind. The OP should use punctuation. There's a reason why it was invented.

1670256841231.jpg

No oil or cleaners will fix that. Never MMO.

Thanks @OVERKILL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Failings lifters don't "tick tick tick" nicely. Is it a harsh tick? Like someone's hammering inside your engine? You didn't specify. I think I explained pretty why I advised him to try that. I mean, he was about to try Marvel Mystery Oil for Christ Sake.

HEMI exhaust manifold bolts are a bear to work on when that engine sits inside a Jeep. I replaced the entire passenger side manifold on our 2016 RAM 1500 and it's a breeze compared to a Jeep. Except for extracting that one broken bolt. That made me sweat.

View attachment 129428 View attachment 129429 View attachment 129430

View attachment 129431

The OP gave us surprisingly little information about the condition of his vehicle and engine. He jumped straight to the conclusion of using MMO and/or changing oil brands/viscosities. The OP was looking for additional information supporting his confirmation bias. So, if he wants to attempt a chemical cleaning, then I provided the correct steps to do it without destroying his engine.

Of course the right way to do it would to do proper diagnosis followed by proper repair. However, that's not what the OP is here for. Judge or blast me if you want, however, that's how I read the OP's intentions. I doubt anyone will change the OP's mind and convince him to do the right thing, so at least lets hope he doesn't use MMO.

He already stated that cylinder has 0 compression.

He already stated that cylinder has 0 compression.
I missed that one, and now I fixed my post. There's not oil or cleaner that will fix that issue. Only a proper repair will.

On the bright side, at least now he knows how to clean an engine without ruining it with MMO. Sorry, I was too eager to help without paying enough attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back