09 Mini Cooper S...I hate this thing...won't start

Well I'm done with it. Sold it to Copart for $900, they are coming get it later this week. All told I prob put a little more into it than that between what the shop charged and the parts I changed. It wasn't meant to be. I guess my dad put a curse on it before he died.

Well I'm done with it. Sold it to Copart for $900, they are coming get it later this week. All told I prob put a little more into it than that between what the shop charged and the parts I changed. It wasn't meant to be. I guess my dad put a curse on it before he died.
Next on Hoovie's Garage. Car Ninja fixes a no-start 09' Mini with a new $20 cam position sensor. *joking*

I would start by spraying some brake clean or starting fluid into the air filter and see if it tries to do anything. If it does I would suspect maybe rodent damage to fuel pump wiring since it sat for a while.

I know you dont want to dump more money into it but maybe find a different shop/dealer - a competent one should be able to at least quickly identify if it's a fuel/immobilizer/ etc issue
Brake Clean- Dont do that if its the chlorinated version( red top). If it burns, phosgene gas is produced. Very nasty stuff. Used in WW1 for chemical warfare

Back